Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween, Dogs & Grandkids

Halloween Safety for your Furbaby:

1.Do not let your Sweet furbaby eat chocolate, it is toxic to them!

 Chocolate is made from the fruit (beans) of the cacao tree. Theobromine, a component of chocolate, is the toxic compound in chocolate. (Caffeine is also present in chocolate, but in much smaller amounts than Theobromine.)


Unsweetened (baker's) chocolate contains 8-10 times the amount of Theobromine as milk chocolate. Semi-sweet chocolate falls roughly in between the two for Theobromine content. White chocolate contains Theobromine, but in such small amounts that Theobromine poisoning is unlikely

2. Do not let them Eat artificial Sweeteners!

Xylitol is a sugar alcohol -- an artificial sweetener created from birch, raspberries, plums and corn.1 This sweetener is found in many human "sugar free" products, such as gum, candies and other sweets. In humans, high doses may have a mild laxative effect, but in dogs, ingestion could be fatal.


3. Do have plenty of healthy dog treats.

Have plenty of healthy dog treats to keep them . Or their favorite chew bone. They will probably be nervous with all the people coming to your door and all the kids giggling and noise out side. Even dogs who love people can get annoyed at all the commotion.

4. Lastly, Watch out for wrappers. 

The next day or week after Halloween, you will need to be on the look out for wrappers of candy and gum. Those little trick or treaters probably left a few. They still small good and Dogs sometimes will swallow them. Well, that can be very bad if they get stuck in their intestines. Dogs, smell, swallow and ask questions later, so you will need to be on the look out.

Have a Safe and Fun Halloween, and save some snickers for me!





Grandson, Ayden,
 Cowboy Costume
  


Grandaughter, Calleigh,
 Purple Kitty Costume
 
I Know My grand kids are not "Dog related " information........But ..........They are just soooooo stinkin' Adorable!
Post a Comment