Monday, August 15, 2011

Crochet IPad Cover

I got a Ipad 2 and I love it.
I bought a nice leather cover for It, but I wanted a bag with a pocket to carry it in, to take with me.
I found this one Here on the Red heart yarn site.  It wasn't exactly what I wanted.....So I tweaked it up
some.



I made it a little big bigger to accommodate the leather cover,
 I added handles and made the pocket square.


I ch 31, and followed the pattern for the cover,
but instead of making 2 pieces,
I stitched for 35 rows and folded it over, sc up the sides.



To make the handles:
R : 36 - Attach the yard of your choice, I choose a solid, to the top right 
side of the bag opening, 1 hdc in each st around the bag opening, join and ch 2

R : 37&38 - 1 hdc in each st, join, ch 2

R : 39- 1 hdc in the 1st 8 sts, ch 20 ( or more if you want a longer handle),
 join to the top of the bag with hdc, in the 8th st from the left side, hdc in
 the next 15 sts, ch 20, joining again in the 8th st from the end, checking to
 make sure the handles are centered on the bag, join, ch 2

R : 40- 1 hdc in each st and in each ch, join ch 2

R : 41&42 - 1 sc in each Hdc, join, Ch 2

R : 43- 1 hdc in each st, join and tie off

Pocket- Ch 21
R : 1 - Repeat R-1 from the bag Pattern
R : 2 - Repeat R : 2 from the bag Pattern
R : 3-13 Repeat R 2 from bag pattern
R : 14 -1 sc in each st, 3 sc in the last st, sc evenly around the remaining 3
 sides of the pocket, with 3 sc in each corner, join , and tie off.

Place pocket centered on the front of the Ipad bag and  sew in place
 with matching yarn.


I really like it how it turned out!


1 comment:

CrochetBlogger said...

Love the addition of the pocket!!