Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Red Heart "Boutique Changes" Yarn - My Scarf Design

I was shopping for some "much needed yarn"
at Micheals and stummbled upon
this new unique yarn...

It is called changes, because it has 6 different yarns combined,
not together, but end to end. changing 6 times.
Ribbon, bulky, chunky and even a strand of metallic.

I bought 2 balls of the Garnet.
Each ball is 3.5 0z.

I made this scarf, by chaining 130,
  1 hdc in each ch, ch 2 at the end of the row, for 14 rows.
I then decided to add some fun ends.
I hdc across the end for 8 rows,
adding a shell st row on the 9th row.

OH!  I used a K - Hook

This scarf took 1 and 1/2 balls 
Here is a close up of the yarn, see the metallic
and all the shade and texture changes.
I really love it!



5 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

Seems like an interesting new yarn! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun to work with! Thank you :-)

Sharon Marie said...

The yarn looks interesting and your scarf is beautiful.

Posh Pooch Designs said...

Thank-you for the nice compliment. I love this yarn, I am going to get the deep purple next time.

La-Dee-da crafter said...

following you from boost my blog.
I love all things doggie!!
ladeedacreations.com