Thursday, December 10, 2015

How To Make Christmas Glitter Ball Ornaments | Posh Pooch Designs

#6 in Our " How to Have a Very
 Yarnie Christmas" Series.

These are so much fun to make and
 I had a blast making them.

Here is What You will need:
Glass Balls
Spray Glitter
Pom poms
Glitter
Ornament Hangers
I Purchased all these things at Hobby Lobby.
I chose the small balls, as my tree is small.
 But any size will work.

They also have plastic clear balls,
 if you want to do this with your kids.
Ok - Lets get started:
Step 1 - Turn all the balls upside 
down in the tray they came in.
Take the tray and the glitter spray 
OUTSIDE or in a well ventilated area.
Shake the Glitter Spray a lot 
to make sure the glitter comes out even.
Spray the glass balls.
Let them dry for about 1 hour.
You will probably glitter your hands, 
like I did.
Nail polish remover will take it right off.
 But, I left mine on, Because I liked it.
Step 2 - Once the Glitter Spray is dry,
Pull the top off the glass ball.
Then put in the ball a few pom poms 
and some of the glitter.
The amount is up to you.
Again you will probably get 
glitter every where like I did.
Here are the first ones I made.
 I Love them.

HINT: The best way to clean up 
Glitter is of course to put as much as
 possible back in the bag or container.
But to get all those left over pieces, 
wipe the surface with a damp sponge.
then tap off in the trash.
Glitter is made of metal flakes 
and those flakes get static cling
and stick to each other, 
the dampness of the sponge 
cuts that static cling.
Step 3 : Now they are ready to 
hang on the hangers, 
and put on your tree.
I had a few extra Glitter Balls, 
so I added them to my table center piece.
I made the Big Glitter Balls last year.
 Link for how to make those is Here

#1 - #4 of  How To Have a Very Yarnie 
Christmas Can be found 
at this HERE

No comments: