Monday, June 27, 2016

Book Review - The Secret Stitch - Unraveling: The New World | Posh Pooch Designs

I was excited when I received the email saying
that I would have the opportunity to read and review this Novel.

The Secret Stitch Unraveling : The New World
A Historical Fiber Fiction Novel By
The Author, C.Jane Reid

This is the first Book in the "Unraveling Series".

The Book can be purchased through Amazon at This LINK
You can order the book or a Kindle Download



See The Video of the Book Review on my 
Youtube Channel at this LINK

The Book begins in the early 1700's in Ireland.
A Young Woman has just married a man she barely knows,
and they begin their voyage to the new World.
The Author transports you to that ship with wonderfully told descriptions of the ship, and New World they find them selves in. While weaving in references to knitting, wool, spinning
 and the Secret Stitch.

I felt I could smell the odors of the ship and the sent of the ocean. 
As well, as the smell of freshly baked bread.
I could hardly wait for her to discover the Secret Stitch,
and why it was so very important.
When she did, and the way that she did, 
brought tears to my eyes.
In the back of my mind I thought I knew what it was, 
well sort of.

The Ending of the book was not at all what I had expected 
and It left me excited to read the next Book in the series.
I want to know what happens next for the books characters.

The 2nd Book in the Series is expected to 
be released the end of July.
"The Sojourn Stitch".

There is also a pattern for you at the end of the book.
It is written by  Pattern Designer, Instructor and Author,
  Laurinda Reddig of  ReCreations
I made one!
I used Wool-Ease thick and Quick By Lion Brand.
But, I am not going to tell you what the Secret Stitch is.
 You will need to read the Book, and find out for yourself!
Post a Comment