Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Live Video - Why do I sometimes use a Foundation Double Crochet | Posh Pooch Designs

Live Video Chat with Sara Of Posh Pooch Designs.
Today I am going to answer the questions,
"Why do I sometimes use a Foundation Double Crochet and Sometimes  use the Traditional Double Crochet in my patterns, and
are they interchangeable?"

















See the Live Video Chat on my Youtube Channel at this LINK



See the Video Demo on my Youtube Channel at this LINK

Foundation Double Crochet - Stitching the chain and the double crochet in one stitch, for as many as indicated by a pattern.
Great for edges when you have a bunch of chains to make or a stretchy edge. Example - cowls, ponchos, or hat edges.

Traditional Double Crochet - Chaining a number of chains as indicated by a pattern, then stitch a row of Double Crochets in those chains.
Perfect for when you want a set edge, that does not require very much stretch. 
Like a purse, scarf , blanket or rug.

Are They Interchangable
The bottom line is that both styles are pretty much interchangeable.
It is really up to you which technique you prefer.
And the end result of the project.
If you are following a pattern and not sure, you can always contact the pattern designer.

This weeks New Crochet Patterns and Videos



New Pattern Release -


Thanks For Stopping by my Blog!

No comments: