Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How to Make An Outdoor Dog Mat

My Dogs love to sit in the sun, 
outback on my deck.
I felt bad that they were laying on the wood,
 with no padding, 
so I decided to make them a
Outdoor mat to lay on.

These are perfect for kids, too.
It is a great way to use last years beach towel, 
or buy a new one when they are on sale.




This is what I did:
I bought a 1 X 22 X 22 piece of poly foam
 for about $4.00 at Hobby Lobby.

I looked in the Closet and 
pulled out a "much loved but still had 
lots of wear left in it",beach towel.

I folded the towel  in 3rds, like my pillow shams are folded,

making sure the foam piece would fit.
 I then sewed up the sides of the Towel.
Slid the foam in the towel cover, 
the way a pillow is slid inside a pillow sham.

The Dogs love it.
The best part is it is completely washable.
When it gets dirty or wet,
 I can slide out the foam 
and was the towel cover.
You can even was the foam piece,
 and let it air dry in the sun.
I have replaced the towel several times,
 and still use the same piece of foam.

How to wash the foam. 
I rinse and wash it in the kitchen sink,
 then lay it in the sun to dry.
once its dry, I put the cover back on.

No comments: