Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How to Make Dog Shirts From Tom's Shoe Bags

I Love Tom's Shoes.
I have several pairs.
In each pair comes a Tom's Shoe Bag.
I have all these bags and thought, what can make from these.
Dog shirts .. What Else?  LOL!



What you need:
1 Tom's Shoe Bag
Yarn Needle
Crochet Hook : H
about 3-4 oz. Worsted Weight yarn
2  - 1/2 in buttons or larger

This is more of an idea, rather then a pattern.
So here is what I did:

First, I measured down the dog's back for length,
adding a 1/2 inch, and cut the top of the Toms Bag.

I folded it down about a 1/2 inch, ironed it flat
 and did a blanket st across the top.

I then stitched a  row of hdcs across, then another row of hdc.

 For the neckband :
I then chained 12 
( you will want to measure your dog's neck and add as many chs as needed) 
attach ch to the opposite side of the shirt top and join with a sl st.
Stitch 2 rows of hdc around.
Maximo's Shirt- I did a row of picot around neck
Rosie's Shirt - 1 row of shells around neck.

Belly band :
Measure down how far the band needs to be to fit your dog,
and center ten blanket stitches.
St 1 hdc in each st across, ch1, turn
for as many rows as you need it to fit your dogs belly.


To make Button holes:
sc in the 1st st, skip next st, (*2 dc, ch1, 2 dc) in the next st,
skip the next st, repeat (*) skip the next st, 1 sc in the last st, tie off

Rosie's Ruffle :
For Rosie's Ruffle, sew a row of Blanket stitches across the bottom of the bag,
and then st a row of hdc across, turn and ch 3
The next row st 2 dc in each hdc across, turn, ch 3
2 dc in each dc on the next row, turn, ch 3
The next row, 1 dc in each dc, tie off.

I also added a simple 8 petal flower with a button.

I Love Them.
What do you think??




Post a Comment