Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sweatband/Headband Crochet pattern

I decided to take a break from designing and making
doggie blankets, sweaters, hats and such......
and make something for me.
Sweatbands, or Headbands
I made these from 100 % cotton -
Peaches and Cream yarn to be exact.
I go to the gym Monday, Wednesday Friday.
Its cold in the morning so I want a headband to cover my ears---
But I sweat when I workout so i wanted a sweat band....
So---WA-LA!
I wear it across my ears on the way to the gym,
Then slide it up around my forehead for work out time.
And they are totally washable!!!

See The Video on my Youtube Channel




Sweatband/ Headband Crochet Pattern:
Please, Add This Crochet pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites.

Skill - Easy 

Materials-
Crochet Hook  - H
Yarn - any cotton yarn I used peaches and cream about 2 oz.
Yarn Needle

Stitches-
Chain (ch)
Single Crochet (sc)
 Double Crochet (dc)
Skip (sk)
Space (sp)

Size: 19 -20 inches around, 
Thin - 2 inches thick
Thick - 3 inches thick

Notes:
Ch1 Does not count as a stitch.
Ch3 Counts as a Double Crochet.

Ch 11 (9 for thin band)

R 1 : 1 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook, 1 sc in each ch, ch1, turn(10,8 sc)
R 2 - 1 sc in each sc, ch1, turn (10,8 sc)
R 3 -9 : Repeat R : 2
R 10 - 1 sc in each sc, turn, ch 3
R : 11 - 1 dc in the 1st St, *sk the next st, 2 dc in the next st*,
              Repeat from *to* 3 more times ( only 2 for thin band),
              1 dc in the last st, turn.
R 12 : Ch 3, 1 dc in the sp between 1st and 2nd dc,
          *2 dc in the sp between the next 2 dc ( v st)*
          Repeat from *to* 3 more times ( 2 for thin band),
          1 dc in the last dc, turn.
R 13 - 28 : Repeat R 12
        Add more rows or subtract rows to fit your head.   
R 29 : Ch1, sc in each st, ch1, turn
R 30 : 1 sc in each st, ch 1, turn
R 31 - 39 : Repeat R 30
     It is easier to weave in your ends, if you did color changes, 
    before you sew the ends closed.
Put the 2 ends together and sl st closed.

Now go out and play!
and 
Enjoy!
Post a Comment