Monday, December 14, 2015

Random Christmas Cowl Crochet Pattern | Posh Pooch Designs

Random Christmas Cowl And Scarf
Crochet Pattern
By Sara Sach of Posh Pooch Designs

I had been working on some
 fun Christmas gifts using Christmas yarns.
 I am done! Woo Hoo!

But, I had several 1/2 balls or less, of Christmas yarns left over.
So What better item to make with them, then a fun, 
easy, and quick Christmas Cowl for myself.

I used all Med (4) yarns, of several different brands,
And 2 strands of yarn.
You can also use Funfur, or 1 strand of (5 or 6) Weight yarn.

I Named this Cowl Design "Random Christmas Cowl"
 because I randomly chose the colors from my yarn basket of 
Left over Christmas yarns.


The Cowl is designed to be 36 inches around,
 But you can make it as long as want.
It is 6 inches wide, 
which I think, is the perfect width.

Video Tutorial on my Youtube Crochet
Channel at this LINK


Random Christmas Cowl And Scarf Crochet Pattern

Please, Add this pattern to your Ravelry Favorites

Skill: Super Easy

Materials -
Crochet Hook- J/ 6.00
Yarn - About 6.5 oz of any Worsted Weight yarn (4)
Yarn Needle for weaving in ends.

Stitches:
Chain (ch)
Double Crochet (dc)
Skip (sk)
Slip Stitch (slst)
Picot Stitch (pcst) Explained in the pattern.

Size: 36 X 6 (3 chs = 1 inch)
To make wider - add in 3 ch increments.
1 Row = 1 inch - To make longer stitch as many rows as as needed.

Notes:
Cowl is worked using 2 strands of Med (4) yarn.
Ch 3 counts as dc at beginning of rows.

Pattern:

R: 1 - Ch 22, 1dc in the 4th ch from the hook,
(1st 3 chs counts as a dc)
1 dc in each ch across, turn, ch 3(20dc)

R: 2 - (Ch3 counts as 1st dc) 1 dc in the next dc,
*ch1, sk the next dc, 1dc in the next 2 dc*
Repeat Front * to * 5 more times.

Ch 4, slst in the last dc (1 pcst) turn, ch3

( 7 groups of 2 dc + 6 chs =20sts)



R: 3 - R: 36  - Repeat R: 2
Or as long as you want it.
R: 37 – 1 dc in each dc, and ch1 across, tie off is making a scarf.
(20 dc)


Please, the ends together, without twisting,
sc the ends together for a Cowl.
Weave in all your ends.



An Ad Free PDF file is now
Available in y Raverly Shop
 For $3.50 At This LINK

I decided to take pics with my Christmas decor,
 rather then with my models. 
I Love the pics.
This cowl is a fun way to add a little 
Christmas Sparkle to your Holiday outfit.
And it is a great last minute gift!
A Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: