Sunday, November 21, 2010

12 Collars of Christmas # 8 "Button Dog Scarf Crochet Pattern"


12 Collars of Christmas Collar # 8 
"Button Dog Scarf"
By Sara Sach of Posh Pooch Designs



Easy to Adjust For Any size Dog, Cat or Pet.


 I realize this collar is not exactly a "decorative collar" 
but I thought this was a really fun idea. 
It is made out of " I love This yarn - Blue magic Stripe". 
 It is a very easy pattern with really pretty with fast results!
 This collar can be worn along with any sweater or alone, 
either way it will keep their little necks warm. 



See this video on my Youtube Crochet

Channel at this LINK




Button Dog Scar Crochet Pattern By Sara Sach

Please, Add This Crochet Pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites
Skill - Easy...Really Easy!

Materials:
Crochet Hook - H/ 5.00
Button - Any button of choice. I used 1/2 inch buttons.
Yarn needle
Yarn - Worsted weight (4) I used Red Heart Soft (about 1 oz. depending on size)

Stitches :
Chain (ch)
Single Crochet (sc)
Skip (sk)

Notes: Ch1 Does Not Count as a st.

Size: Ch 50 for a 9 inch collar

To adjust pattern - approx. 3 chs = 1 in, + 23 chains for over lap.
For Example - (9 X 3 = 27) + 23 = 50

Pattern:

R: 1 - Ch50, 1 Sc in 2nd ch from the hook and in each ch, turn ch 1
(49 sc - The number of stitches remains the same throughout this project)

R: 2 - Sc in first sc, ch 1, skip next sc,
*sc in the next st, ch 1, skip the next st, repeat from*
Repeat From * to *across row, ch 1 turn.

R: 3 - sc in each st, turn ch 1

R: 4 - 1 Repeat R: 2

R: 5 - Repeat R: 3

R: 6 - Repeat R: 2

R: 7 - Repeat R: 3, do not tie off

Add More Rows if a  wider Scarf is desired.

R: 8 - Sc evenly on all 4 sides of the Scarf, placing 2 sc in each corner.


Optional Lace Trim - 
*Ch3, sk the next sc, slst in the next sc*
Repeat From * to * Around all 4 sides of the scarf.
Fold Scarf as shown in the picture and tack the 4 corners.
Sew your buttons on going through both thicknesses of the scarf.


Please remember, This is a decorative scarf and no intended to 
be strong enough to attache a lead or leash to. 
It lays nicely right on top of the collar, with our being uncomfortable. 

I hope you enjoy this crochet pattern..
and again, if you make one I would love
 to see your pics!





ENJOY!





13 comments:

Elisabeth Spivey said...

oh i like this one :)

Posh Pooch Designs said...

thanks, it could even be adjusted for humans! LOL

Anonymous said...

They look adorable, we have 8 small dogs in our Pack. How hard is this a beginner?Ihave been sewing by hand and machine for years, Grandmother showed me how to crochet years ago. I bought a book.

Posh Pooch Designs said...

Anonymous, This is a very , very easy pattern. A great beginner pattern.

Colette said...

I am so thrilled I have just found this blog .. what wonderful patterns for dogs and I cant wait to get started for my wee 2 pooches! Thank you so much for sharing these brilliant patters! :)

Danyel said...

I'm not a big fan of dog clothing, but your little scarves and collars are VERY cute!!! And thanks for including my button on your page! You rock!

Anonymous said...

How do you increase the size for a 14" collar??

Posh Pooch Designs said...

49 ch = 9 inch collar, to increase add 3 chs for every inch. So for a 14 in collar, 5 x 3 = 15, so add 15 additional chs. I always measure a couple of times to be sure. I hope this helps you.
Sara

Anonymous said...

It would be nice if I was able to get more than just the first page. Every other page came up blank. It just made a waste of paper.

Scoopy

Elisabeth Spivey said...

@ Scoopy - if you're trying to print it from the blog you may just want to copy the text of the pattern into another document and try to print that way.

juliakupas said...

I LOVE your patterns, especially this one. Our Ellie is a 3 year old Dachs and loves dressing up! thank you for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I've recently started a blog, the information you provide on this website has helped me tremendously. Thanks for all of your time & work.
Sparco Cash Drawer, w/ Removable Tray, Gray

Anonymous said...

Love the pattern. But have a question on row 4 does the 1repeat mean do that row twice?