Monday, November 29, 2010

Candy Cane Collar - Free Crochet Pattern # 9

Candy Cane collar -12 collars of Christmas - Free Crochet pattern # 9

This dog collar is intended for decorative purposes only, 
not for attaching your lead or leash to . 
It lays and  fits nicely right over the regular collar.

When I decided to design a Candy cane collar I wanted it to have
 stripes but not exact stripes. Sort of hints of stripes, I guess. 
My creative juices started flowing and I ended up making  
about 20 different designs. I could not decide which one to use.
 So I put each one on Maximo
 to see which one looked best. And this one was the winner.

This is a very simple yet classy looking collar.
It has the red and white elements with out being to strippie (if that is a word??).

The Candy Cane Dog Collar Crochet Pattern by Sara Sach
Please add this To your Ravelry Favorites
Skill: Easy


Materials :
Hook : H
Yarn -Worsted Weight (4) , red and white

Stitches :
Chain ch
Single Crochet sc
Slip Stitch ss

Collar :

Ch 46, with white yarn, for a 9 in collar
 (+4 chs = 1 inch to make longer or -4 to make shorter)

R -1 : Join in red yarn, leaving the white yarn attached.
Follow the pattern , starting in the 2nd ch from the hook,
* ( sc, sc, sc, sc, ch 4, skip next 4 chs ),
repeat pattern from * to the end of the chain,
ch 3, working down the opposite side of the chain,
repeat pattern * to the end of ch, ch 3,
 join to the first sc, tie off red yarn.


R - 2 : With white yarn *(sc, sc, sc, sc, ch 4, skip next 4 sts),
 repeat pattern from * to the end of collar, 1sc, ch 20, turn and ss back down
ch, attach to collar with a sc. Working down the opposite side of the collar,
 repeat from * to the end of collar, 1 sc, ch 20, turn ss back down the ch,
 attach to collar with a sc, tie off. Weave in all yarn ends.

Embellish with a candy cane button or bow if desired.
 (I bought my buttons at Hobby Lobby in the Christmas department.)




Have fun with this Pattern!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Love this xmas collar for your pet. I am going o make one for my cat.
May try the hat to...