Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Enchanted Evening Cowl - Free Crochet Pattern, Yarn and Product Review | Posh Pooch Designs

I wish you all could feel how soft and squishy this yarn is.
This one of Red Heart's new Yarns.
I was so excited that I got to try it out!

It is a bulky (5), but does not feel heavy at all.
It is so lovely to work with. 
It glides nicely across my crochet hook, 
and really keeps the shape without being too chunky.
 This gives it an elegant feel and look. 
Plus it has a glimmer of metallic thread running
 through it for just a touch of glitz, without being gaudy.
The yarn has a subtle striping effect that I find very charming.



Enchanted Evening Cowl Crochet Pattern By Sara Sach
Please add this to your Ravelry Favorites

Skill: Easy

Materials:
Crochet Hook –J
Yarn – 3.5 oz Bulky (5)
            I used Red Heart Boutique Infinity
Yarn Needle

Stitches:
Chain (ch)
Foundation Double Crochet (FDC)
Double Crochet (dc)
Front Post Double Crochet (FPDC)
Half Double Crochet (hdc)
Skip (sk)
Back Loops only (BLO)

Size: 4.5 X 36 inches

R : 1 – 88 Fdc, join in a circle, ch 2(counts as 1st hdc)

****Optional Start – Ch 88, join in a circle, ch 3 (counts as 1st dc)
 I dc in each ch around, join ch 3(counts as 1st hdc)

(88dc - the Number of sts will be the same throughout the project)

R : 2 – *FPDC in the next dc, hdc in the next dc*
Repeat From * to * around, join, ch 2

R : 3-4 – Repeat R : 2

R : 5 – Working in the BLO, 1 dc in each st around, Join ch 3

R : 6 – *sk the next dc, 1 dc in the next 2 dc, cross back and dc in the sk dc*
Repeat From * to * around, join, ch 3

R : 6 – 1 dc in each st around, join, ch 3

R : 7- Working in the BLO, 1 dc in each st around, Join ch 3

R : 8 -*FPDC in the next dc, hdc in the next dc*
Repeat From * to * around, join, ch 2

R : 9-10 – Repeat R : 8, Tie odd after R : 10, weave in you ends.

Big Bow:

R : 1 - Ch29, 1 dc in the 4th ch from the hook, and in each ch across,
Turn, ch 3 (26dc)
R : 2 – 1 dc in each dc, turn, ch 3
R : 3-5 – Repeat R : 2, tie off after R : 5.
With a 20 inch piece of yarn, inch together the bow,
Wind the yarn around the center to form a bow, and tie securely.
Sew bow on Cowl with matching yarn.

I Just had to try on the cowl to see
 if it was comfortable to wear.
And it is. The yarn is soft around my neck.
not Scratchy or itchy at all.
I need to make some matching accessories.
The other item Red Heart sent me 
to try out was this awesome Stitch counter.
It is a ring!
How cool is that!
It is adjustable to any size finger.
I preferred it on my middle finger.
And Since I knit too, it is the perfect
 way to keep trackof my stitches.
A Great addition to my 
Crochet and Knitting tool bag.
Post a Comment