Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Twilight Sparkle Dog Snood Free Knitting Pattern and Yarn Review | Posh Pooch Designs



Red Heart Yarns sent me this awesome yarn
Red Heart Boutique Twilight - Romantic
I had other projects and patterns
 that need to be finished,
But I just had to try this new yarn.

It is so sparkly and soft.
The Colors are very vivid, too.
It is a super bulky yarn, but not heavy.
I crocheted a little with it, which was nice, 
But I decided I wanted to knit with it.
It knits up great!

As you can see,
 I designed a cozy Snood for my pooch.
I added one of the polymer clay buttons I made. 
Learn how here:
 How I make Polymer Clay Buttons
You can see the sparkles better in this pic.

This is a great Knitting pattern,
 if you have been wanting to learn to knit.
It is super easy and stitches up quickly.
I made  2 of these in a little over an hour.
And Using the big needles and Bulky yarn,
 you get great results fast!

Twilight Sparkle Dog Snood Knitting pattern By Sara Sach

Please, add this Pattern to your Raverly favorites.

Skill: Easy

Materials:
Straight Knitting Needles  - US19 – 15mm
Yarn – Super Bulky (6) about 2 oz
I Used Red Heart Boutique Twilight
 1 Fun Button           
Yarn Needle

Stitches and Terms
Cast On (CO)
Bind Off (BO)
Knit  ( k)
Purl (p)

Gauge - 8 sts X 12 sts = 4 inch Swatch

Size: Finished Measurement - Approx.  9 inches long X 12 inch around
The Snood is very stretchy and fits from Small To Medium Dog's necks.

Snood:
CO 24 sts
R : 1 - 2k, 2 p  
R : 2 - 2k, 2p -  
R : 3 - 6- rib st (Repeat R : 1 and R :2 for rib st)

R : 7 -  k all sts (body of snood)
R : 8 - P All sts
R : 9-21 - Repeat R : 10 and R :11
 (Stockinette Stitches through the center of the snood)

This center section measure about 4 inches --
if your dog's neck is longer, add as many rows as needed.

R : 22- 2k, 2 p
R : 23 - 2k, 2p
R : 24-28 -  rib st for 7 rows
BO – in rib st
Put the sides of the Snood together, wrong side out,
sew the seam closed.
Flip right side out.

Add your Fun button and slip it on your pooch.
 Maximo looks awesome in his new snood!

This Snood is the perfect thing, 
for evening and early morning 
going out to potty. It keeps pooch ears warm,
Slides right on quick and slides off quick, too!

No comments: