Saturday, June 2, 2018

Tie Dye Washcloth Crochet Pattern | Posh Pooch Designs


Tie Dye Washcloth Crochet Pattern 
By Sara Sach of
Posh Pooch Designs

Before we crochet the Tie Dye Washcloth, 
I want to tell you how I Tie Dyed my Yarn.

If you just want the Washcloth Crochet Pattern,


Please, Scroll Down.




I Purchased a 
Tie dye Kit from
 Walmart.






And 
 100% Cotton Yarn.
 You can also
 use Wool, 

 Acrylic 
will 
not
 work




I rolled it out in about 2 oz portions.
 I did not measure it.
 I weighted it on 
my postal scale.



 I folded it half,
and  banded
 it in several places.


Next, I soaked the 
portions in warm water with
 a few table spoons
 of pure baking soda
for about 30 minutes.
Baking Soda helps the 
cotton absorb the dye.

While it was soaking, 
I made the Tie Dyes 
according to the directions
 on the package.


I had a plastic table
 cloth down, 
but I also put paper towels
 to help clean 
up the mess.



I applied the dye to each banded section, 
top and bottom, till the yarn was fully saturated.


I gently slid the portions
 in to plastic bags, 
and set them out in the
 sun for 6 to 8 hours.

I made 4 - A Red, White and Blue,
A Green, White and Red,
                                                     And 2 Rainbows.



I then rinsed
them in cold water
 with few
 tables spoons of
 white vinegar.
The vinegar helps set the colors.

 then I rinse them again 
with warm water,
      until the water ran clear.


I wrung them out,
 removed the bands, 
and wrung them again. 
And Hung them
 out to dry.

You can hang them
 in a window,
 if the sun is not shining.



Once They were completely dry I wound them
 into neat and tidy cakes.
It was easy, and fun, but a long process.
I love the results and have plans to make more.



See The Washcloth Video on my Youtube
Crochet Channel At This LINK



Tie Dye Washcloth Crochet Pattern By Sara Sach
Please add this Pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites

Skill: Easy

Materials:
Crochet Hook – H/ 5.00MM
Yarn- Cotton – About 2 oz.
Yarn Needle

Stitches:
Chain (ch)
Slip Stitch (slst)
Single Crochet (sc)
Double Crochet (dc)
Skip (sk)

Size: 7 inches across

Notes:
Ch3 counts as a dc
Rounds are joined with a slst to the ch 3

R: 1- Ch 4, join in a circle, ch3 in the circle,
7 dc in the circle,
Join, ch 3 (8dc)

R: 2 -1 dc in the same st as the ch3, ch1
2dc, ch1 in the each st around, join, ch 3.
(8 sets of 2dc, ch1)

R: 3 – 1 dc in the same st as the ch3, 2 dc in the next st, ch1,
*2 dc in the next 2 dc, ch 1*
Repeat From * to * 6 more times, join, ch 3.
(8 sets of 4 dc, ch1)

R: 4 – 1 dc in the same st as the ch3, 1 dc in the next 2 dc, 
2 dc in the next dc, ch1,
*2 dc in the next dc, 1 dc in the next 2 dc, 2 dc in the next dc, ch 1*
Repeat From * to * 6 more times, join, ch 3.
(8 sets of 6 dc, ch1)

R: 5 -1 dc in the same st as the ch3, 1 dc in the next 4 dc,
 2 dc in the next dc, ch1,
*2 dc in the next dc, 1 dc in the next 4 dc, 2 dc in the next dc, ch 1*
Repeat From * to * 6 more times, join, ch 1.
(8 sets of 8 dc ch1)


R: 6 – 1 sc in each dc, and 1 sc in each ch1 space around, join, 
tie off. Weave in your ends.

I need to pick up more cotton yarn, and Tie dye Kits.
 I love making Tie Dye Yarn!

An Ad Free PDF FILE For the Washclogh
 Is Now Available
For $2.50 in my Ravelry Shop
 At This LINK

Tie Dye Cotton Drawstring Bag - LINK

1 comment:

Andi said...

I love this pattern. I've been making it with red heart's scrubby smoothie yarn. It's super easy and fun to make!