Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Crochet Sunhat Bands


Sunhat Band Crochet Pattern
 By Sara Sach of Posh Pooch Designs


I actually bought these 2 hats at the $1.00 Store.
I love To be outside and
 want to protect my face.
As cute as these hats are, They are not cute enough for me.
So I crocheted a really cute bands to fancy them up a bit.
Add 1, 2, 3 or more Flowers!

See This Video On My Youtube Crochet
 Channel at this LINK


Sunhat Band Crochet Pattern By Sara Sach

Please add this Crochet Pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites

Skill: Easy

Materials:
Crochet Hook – H / 5. 00MM
Yarn - Med (4) I used Red Heart Super Saver
Yarn Needle

Stitches:
Chain (ch)
Single Crochet (sc)
Double Crochet (dc)
Skip (sk)

Size: 24 inches around 
Multiples  6 + 2

R: 1 - ch 80
I use st markers to mark every 10 sts. 

1 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook, 
*sk 2 chs, 4dc in the next ch, sk 2 chs, 1 sc in the next ch*
Repeat From * to * across ch.
(13 shells)                                                      close up


R: 2 - Ch1, Turn working down the opposite side of the ch,
1 sc in the 1st sc, 4 dc in the center ch of the 1st shell st,
*1sc in the next sc, 4 dc in the next shell st center*
Repeat From * to* across, 1 sc in the last sc.
Tie off leaving about a 12 inch tail of yarn.
                                                                      close up


Place the 2 ends together, securely attach them together using the tail of yarn.
Attach the band to the hat.

Flower:
R : 1 - Ch 5, join in a circle, ch1.
 12 hdc in the 2nd ch from the hook, join to 1st hdc, ch1

R : 2 - *sl in 1st hdc, Ch 3, 3 tr, in next dc, ch3, slst in the same st,
 sl st in the next hdc*, Repeat 5 more times for 6 petals.
Tie off leaving a long tail for sewing on hat. 

This IS Now My favorite Sun Hat


If you want to be able to remove your band and flowers,
 sew the flowers only to the band, not the hat.
If you want to glue your flowers on,
 I recommend Fabric Glue, Not Hot glue.


An Ad Free PDF File is Now Available
in my Ravelry shop At This LINK
For $2.50