Friday, November 23, 2018

Vintage Candy Cane Cover Crochet Pattern | Posh Pooch Designs


Vintage Candy Cane Cover Crochet Pattern
By Sara Sach of 


I first saw these Candy Cane Covers when I given one
 from my 1st grade teacher many, many years ago.
(Christmas 1971)
I do not know what ever happened to it.
After the School Christmas Program each student was 
given a Santa mug full of candy and 
 a candy cane with one of these covers on it.

So I thought it would be fun to make some and 
share the pattern with you.
It's super easy and they look lovely hanging on the tree, 
 as well as, added to your Christmas and Holiday decorations.

See The Video on my Youtbe Crochet
 Channel at This LINK


Vintage Candy Cane Cover Crochet Pattern
Please Add This Pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites


Skill: Easy

Materials:
Crochet hook – H/ 5.00 MM
Yarn – Worsted Weight (4) I used Varies Sparkle Yarns I had on hand –
              Small amount for each one
             (Caron party, I love This Yarn Sparkle, Red Heart with Love Sparkle)
Yarn Needle
Candy Canes – The standard 6 inch size

Stitches:
Chain (ch)
Slip Stitch (slst)
Single Crochet (sc)
Double crochet (dc)
Skip (sk)
Space (sp)

Pattern:
R: 1 - Ch 32, slst in the 2nd ch from the hook,
Slst in each ch across, turn.  (31 slsts)

R: 2 – Ch 3 *sk the next st, ch1, dc in the next st*
Repeat From * to * across, turn (16 dc, 15 ch1 sps)

R: 3 – ch1, 3 dc in the 1st ch1 sp,
*sc in the next ch1 sp, 3 dc in the next ch1 sp*
Repeat From * to * across, join to last sl st of previous row,
Tie off weave in your end
(8 shell sts)

Slide onto Candy Cane weaving in and out the Ch 1 sps.

A Bow or embellishment


I think they are cute and add a touch
 of elegance to a simple little candy cane.

No comments: