Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Hygge Gumdrop Cowl Crochet Pattern | Posh Pooch Designs

 Hygge Gumdrop Cowl Crochet Pattern
 By Sara Sach of  Posh Pooch Designs


This Crochet Cowl has been on my update list for a long time.
I remember I had some Red Heart Hygge yarn left, and
 thought it was perfect for this Crochet Pattern.
And I was so right. This yarn is a perfect match
 for this Crochet pattern.

I think the shell Stitches look like gumdrops.

I really love how the colors work together and how
 the cowl looks, but also how comfy and soft it is.
I think you will, also.
But No not worry if you do not have this exact yarn,
any Chunk (5) yarn will work.


See The Video On My Crochet Youtube
 Channel At This LINK



Hygge Gumdrop Cowl Crochet Pattern


Please Add This Crochet Pattern To Your Raverly Favorites

 

 

Skill : Easy

 

Materials :

Crochet Hook –K / 6.5 mm

Yarn – Chunky (5) 7oz  

Hygge Yarn/ Red Heart – C1 - Sterling - 3 oz.

                                          C2 - Wisteria - 2.oz.

                                          C3 - Powder - 2 oz.

Yarn Needle

Optional  - Pom pom maker

            

Stitches :

Chain (ch)

Slip Stitch (slst)

Double Crochet (dc)

Skip (sk)

Shell Stitch (shst) 3 dc in the worked in the same st

 

Size: 32 X 5 inches

Add or Subtract length in Multiples of 4 chs

 2 rows = 1 inch

4 Chs = 1 inch


Note:

Pattern is worked in rounds.

Yarns are left attached when color changes are made.

This will help avoid having weave in lots of ends.

 

Color Changes:

R: 1 – R: 2 – C1

R: 3 - C2

R: 4 - C3

R; 5 – R: 6 – C1

R: 7 – C2

R: 8 – C3

R: 9 – R: 10 – C1

 

Pattern: 

 

R: 1 - Ch 84 with C1 – join in a circle, do not twist the ch.

I mark the chs every 20 chs, so I can keep count easier.

 *sc in the 1st st, sk the next st, 3dc in the next st, sk the next st,*

Repeat From * to * around, join to sc, 

(21 shells)

 


R: 2 – Ch 3, 2dc in the 1st sc, 

*Sk next dc, 1sc in the next dc, sk the next  dc, 3 dc in the next slst*

Repeat from * to * around, join to ch3, slst to the 2nd dc.

(Each Round will have 21 shells)

 


R: 3 – Change to C2, leaving C1 attached, 

 *sc in the top of the 2nd dc, 3 dc in the next sc*

Repeat from * to * around, join, to 1st sc.

 


R: 4 – Change to C3,  leaving C1na d C2 attached, 

Ch3, 2 dc in the 1st sc.

*Sk next dc, 1sc in the next dc, sk the next dc, 

3 dc in the next sc*

Repeat from * to * around, join to ch3,




 

R: 5 – R: 8 - Repeat R: 1 – R : 4  - 1 more time, 

or more if you want a thicker cowl.

 


R: 9 – R 10 – Repeat R: 1 and R: 2

Tie off weave in all your ends.



 Make 3 pompoms – 1 in each color.

I made long floppy pompoms.

use a Pompom maker 

I also show you at the end of the videos How I make pompoms for this project.

 

Attach to the cowl as shown in the picture.


I think is would be great in your favorite team school colors.


An Ad Free PDF file is Available

 in my Raverly Shop At this LINK

For $4.50





No comments: