Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hounds Tooth Scarf and Glove Crochet Patterns


Please, Add This Crochet Pattern To Your
Scarf Pattern:
Skill Easy

Materials :
H- Hook
Worsted Weight yarn - Black and White

Stitches:
Chain  ( ch)
Single Crochet (sc)
Double Crochet ( dc)

Note: Ch 1 at the end of each row, does not count as a st, it is a turning ch.

Row  1 - With White yarn, Ch 20, 1 sc the 2 rd ch from hook,
counts as first sc, 1 sc in each ch, ch1 turn.

Row  2 - 1 sc in the first st, **1 dc in the next st, 1 sc in the next st,
Repeat From ** across row, ch 1 turn

Row  3 - Change to black yarn, leaving white attached, 1 sc in each dc,
1 dc in each sc, stitching over the white yarn across, ch 1 turn.

Row  4 - Change to white yarn, leaving the black yarn attached,
1 sc in each dc, 1 dc in each sc, stitching over the black yarn across, ch 1 turn.

Row  5-104 --  Change yarn every other row, repeating
Rows 3 and 4, or until scarf is as long as you want it.

Row 105 -Ending with white yarn, 1 sc in each st across, ch 1 turn

Row 106 - 1 sc in each sc, tie off and weave in ends.

The Scarf may need to be blocked, I blocked mine.

Gloves :

I Love these gloves for driving.
I buy them at Target and Walmart.
I keep a pair in my purse, car and several other spots,
but, but I always think they are too short.
So I decided to make them longer.

The first thing I did was do a blanket st
 around the top of the glove.
Be sure to stretch the glove and try it on,
 to make sure you are not stitching to tightly.

Then I used the same technique I used for the
 Houndstooth scarf.
Using the pattern : dc, sc, dc, sc, .... 
and changing colors every row.
Each row I added a few increases
to make it sort of fan out.
And I Love them!

Stay warm and enjoy!
Post a Comment