Saturday, September 28, 2013

Crochet Car Blanket




I Love To take my pooches with me in the car,
And they love to go for rides in the car.
But they do not like to sit on the seat.
So I made them a thick pad to sit on.

I made it to fit perfectly in the bucket seat.
I tuck it in at the back, and it stays put.

Here is what I did:
materials : Assorted Worsted Weight yarns
(I used my left overs)
J Hook

Stitches-
chain  (ch)
Double Crochet  (dc)
Slip Stitch  ( sl st)

R: 1  -  With 2 strands of yarn, Ch 49, 1 dc in the 2nd ch and in each ch across, turn, ch 1, ch 1 is a turning ch and does not count as a st.  (48 dc)

R : 2 - 1 dc in each dc, ch1, turn ( 48 dc)

R : 3-32 - Repeat R : 2 , Forms a rectangle, if you want a square add more rows.

R : 34 -  Trim - 1 dc in each dc across, 3 dc in the last sc, turn, dc evenly down the side of the blanket, 3 dc in the corner st, 1 dc in each dc across bottom of blanket, then dc evenly down the last side of the Blanket, 3 dc in the last corner, join with a sl st and tie off. 
 Fits great and nails scratching my leather seats.
Post a Comment