Friday, February 12, 2016

Birthday Crown Headband Crochet Pattern | Posh Pooch Designs

It's MY Birthday today!!!

My husband said I needed a crown,
and I was like, I know, right!
And I have a fun Gift For You!
 A Crown Headband.
 It is a Grown up Crown, 
not a little girl Crown.
But of course it would 
work for little girls too.
It is made  with Chunky yarn
 so it stitches up really quick.
I used "I Love This Chunky Yarn"
 by Hobby Lobby.
 It is very soft and squishy.
I designed it with yarn jewels, 
but since it is a grown up crown you can 
add buttons, gems,
 jewels or even diamonds if you want!
The band is thick so it can be 
worn as a head band, 
around your head and cover your
 ears to keep them warm.
So, you will look Regal and 
Be Warm and toasty as the same time!

Birthday Crown headband Crochet Pattern
 by Sara Sach
Please add this crochet Pattern to your Ravelry Favorites.

Skill: Easy As pie, I mean birthday cake!

Materials:
Crochet Hook – K
Yarn – Chunky (5) Gold 3 oz.  Tiny bit of Purple, Red and Blue
             I Used “I Love This Chunky/ Hobby Lobby
Yarn Needle

Stitches:
Chain (ch)
Foundation Single Crochet (fsc)
Front Post Half double Crochet (fphdc)
Half Double Crochet (hdc)
Double Crochet (dc)
Triple Crochet (tr)
Skip (sk)

Size: 20 inches and is very stretchy
2 fdc=I inch

Pattern:
Rounds are joined with a slip Stitch
Ch1 at beginning of rounds does not count as a stitch

R: 1 – 40 fdc, join in a circle, ch1 (40fsc)
R: 2 – 1 hdc in each st, join, ch1 (40hdc)
R: 3 – 1 hdc in the 1st st, *1 fphdc in the next st,
1 hdc in the next st*
Repeat from * to * around, join, ch 1
 (20 hdc, 20 fpdc = 40 sts)
R: 4 – R: 6 – Repeat R: 3
R: 7 – *sk 2 sts, 3dc, ch2, 3 dc in the next st,
 sk 2 sts, sc in the next st*
Repeat From * to * 4 times, for 5 crown points.
 TURN
R: 8 – 3dc, ch2, 3 dc in the 1st 2 crown point ch2 spaces,
3tr, ch2, 3tr in the next crown point ch2 space,
3dc, ch2, 3 dc in the 1st 2 crown point ch2 spaces,
Sc in the next st, tie off weave in your ends.

Crown Jewels:
Purple – Ch 3, 8 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook, join in a circle,
Tie off leaving a 12 inch tail for sewing on crown.

Red and Blue Jewels are made by making French knots
In the center of the crown points

I am wearing my Crown to the gym
 and running errands to day!
I Hope you make some!
If you do, post a pic on my
 facebook page
Post a Comment