Monday, February 29, 2016

Small Mesh Drawstring Bag Crochet Pattern | Posh Pooch Designs

Small Mesh Drawstring Bag Crochet Pattern
 By Sara Sach of Posh Pooch Designs


This Bag measures 
12 inches long by 18 inches around.

I made this bag for me.
I needed a bag to carry my 
Flip Flops, Swim cap, goggles and swim gloves.
I can toss my gear in it, then
I can toss it in my gym bag.
I wanted it to be mesh so I could take
 it out of my gym bag and hang it up to dry,
when I get home.
I designed it to have a draw string, 
easy to open and close, 
even when the bag is wet.

See the Video on my Youtube Crochet
Channel at This LINK


Small Mesh Drawstring Bag 
Please add this pattern to your Ravelry favorites

Skill: Easy

Materials:
Crochet Hook - H / 5.00 mm
Yarn - Cotton (4) 129 yds/3 oz. ( any cotton, cotton blend or Acrylic )
 Yarn Needle          

Stitches:
chain (ch)
Slip Stitch (sl st)
Half Double Crochet (hdc)
Double Crochet (dc)
Skip (sk)

Size: 12 inches long  X 18 inches around

Notes:
Ch4 Counsta as dc, ch1
Ch2 Counts as a HDC
Rounds are joined with a slst

R: 1 - ch 34, 1 dc in the 4th ch from the hook, 1dc in the same ch as 1st dc,
1 dc in the next 29 chs, 2 dc in the last ch(33dc)

Turn working down the opposite side of the ch, 2 dc in the 1st ch,
 1dc in the next 29 chs, 2 dc in the last ch, join to top of the 1st dc with a sl st, 
(33dc + 33dc = 66dc)

R: 2 - ch3,(counts as a dc) 1 dc in each dc around, join, (66dc)

R: 3 -ch4, (counts as  dc, ch1) *sk the next dc, 1 dc in the next dc, ch1*
Repeat From * to * around, join to top of ch 3 with a sl st, (33dc= 33ch1=66sts)

R: 4 - ch4, (counts as  dc, ch1) *sk the next ch1 space, 1 dc in the next dc, ch1*
Repeat From * to * around, join to top of ch 3 with a sl st, (33dc= 33ch1=66sts)

R: 5 - R: 20 - Repeat R: 4
Continue to Repeat R : 4 is you desire a longer bag.
Ch2 after R: 20 or the last row

R: 21 - ch2, *1 hdc in the next dc, 1hdc in the next ch1 space*
Repeat From * to * around, join to 1st hdc with a sl st.
tie off and weave in your ends. (66hdc)

Drawstring:
 ch  100, tie off - ch more is you desire a longer string.

Weave the ch through R: 20

You can pull the drawstring to one side, for a side handle.

or pull both ends, for 2 side handles.

It a great little bag for shopping, 
going to the beach, the pool or the park.
And it is totally washable!
Learn to Tie dye You Mesh Bag at This LINK

An Ad Free PDF file is Now Available
For $4.50 in my Ravelry Shop
At This LINK

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to make this to hold reusable water balloons. What an awesome idea.

Unknown said...

This is a quick and easy pattern
I absolutely love it and you can jazz it up by changing colors every row or every other row however u want😊❣️

Anonymous said...

I do a lot of crocheting for the Homeless in Melbourne, Victoria and this would be a great bag to make for them with a beanie, or ear warmer and give it to them as a package. Thank you so much for this

Unknown said...

Great work thank you