Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dog Bone Rug and Pattern

Designing a dog bone rug is not as easy as it looks, 
And there is math involved. 
Okay I will be honest and say, "I am math challenged".
 I can't even balance the check book! 
 Don't get me wrong, I am very smart, I just can't add!   
But you just don't realize the amount of math skills it takes 
to design a crochet pattern !  
It even involves fractions!!!!!!!!!   


The completed the Dog Bone Rug!  YAY! 
 I really do think it turned out so cool!  
I love how all the colors of the yarns look. 
It sort of reminds me of the braided rugs my grandma
 used to have in her house. 
As you can see the rug measures about 29 to 30 inches. 
 But it can be made bigger, 
but that would include a lot more math.(yikes!)

Now to write down the pattern...
I mean I have all the math calcualtions,
 the increases and decreases, stitches and chains, 
but they are all in head!    
Okay, here I go....................

You can find the Crochet Pattern at this link:
I really like the colors in this test Rug.

7 comments:

The Oxford Family said...

so cute! I love it!

Posh Pooch Designs said...

Thank you!

~Ciara said...

Too cute!

Posh Pooch Designs said...

Thanks, Ciara

Melissa said...

Your dog bone rug is sooo cute. I need one of those for my dog. LOL! Noah is always making a mess when he drinks/eats. :)

Diana Jiron Graff said...

I really love this rug! did you finish writing the pattern for it? if so I would be interested in buying it.
diana@pootoo.ca

Neli Alves said...

Hi!
So cute.
Neli Alves