Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"Christmas Peanut Butter bites" Dog Treats


Christmas Peanut Butter Bites
Holiday or Everyday Dookies  for pooches


My dogs love Cookies - I use them to train them to
 model and do other things, too.
  They can  sit, ,stay,  up, roll over, dance in a circle,
 "give me some paw" and several other commands. 
So I am always on the search for dog cookies to buy
 as well as make.

Since it is the Christmas season I decided
 to look for a recipe to make
 them some festive cookies. I am pretty crafty,
 I can crochet anything.
 I am even a pretty good cook, but baking..... 
baking is another story.

My motto is "If it has more then 5 ingredients...
I am not making it".

 Well, this recipe only has 5 ingredients so I am going to try it!

Christmas Peanut Butter Bites

Ingredients


1. 3 cups of all purpose flour

2. 1 and ½ cups of whole wheat flour

3. 1 and ½ teaspoons of molasses


4.  3 tablespoons of peanut butter

5. 3 tablespoons of canola oil

Preparation


1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a bowl mix the all purpose flour and the whole wheat flour
 together and set it on the side. In a separate large bowl stir the molasses,
 peanut butter and oil together. Then add the flours mixture into the molasses
 mixture and mix it until it is smooth.

3. Use your hand to break the dough into small ball size pieces and roll each
one into log shapes around ½ inch in diameter.
 Then cut the longs into 1/8 of inch thick discs.

Or, roll out on a floured surface and cut with cookie cutters.

 Place the discs onto ungreased
 baking sheets and put them in the oven.
Bake them for approximately
30 minutes or until  golden brown.

4. Once done allow them to cool completely before serving.


Maximo and Rosie working for Cookies!

1 comment:

Bark Control Collar said...

Hi,

Portable bark control products are also perfect to stop your dog from barking at other dogs. I just wanted to take a minute to tell you that you have a great site! Keep up the good work.