Monday, July 10, 2017

How To Make Polymer Clay Awareness Ribbons | Posh Pooch Designs

I was asked if I had a video on how to make 
Polymer Clay Awareness Ribbons.
I made a pendant video, but not one especially
 for the ribbons. So, I made one today!
I wanted to keep it simple, but also pretty.
 So this is what I came up with.
I show you 2 Styles. A Ribbon on a pendant, 
as well as, the basic Ribbon.
Here is a Chart Of Some of the Awareness Ribbon colors.
If you do not see the ribbon color you need, try Googling it.
 There are a lot more than what are on this chart.
This one is Purple "Against Animal Abuse".
So I put it on the Dog Bone Pendant.

See The Video on my Youtube Channel at This LINK


What You Need:
Polymer Clay - Your choice of 1 or more colors
Rolling Pin
Small Cookie cutters - I used a heart and a butterfly
A Pointed tool For making holes - tooth pic will work
12 MM Round Jump Rings
Parchment Paper - Line pan and work surface

Optional Supplies:
Gems
E6000 Glue
Tooth picks
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Polish
 - Clear or Glitter

You will need pre-heart your oven to 275 degrees.
 Bake your pieces for 15 minutes. 


What You need to make a Yarn Chain:
Crochet Hook - G 4.25 mm
Yarn Weight 3 or 4 - small amount

Form a Slip knot and Chain  40 or more chains. 
It needs to be long enough to slip over your head.

Cut yarn, tie off. Place the ends together and tie a knot.
Place Pendant on the chain as shown in the video.
Other things to use for the necklace - ribbon, lace, 
leather, string, or jute.

I really enjoyed making these and love how they turned out.
This is a great project for fund raisers, craft sales
 and group activities.

No comments: