Thursday, March 2, 2023

FRIDAY FUN DAY! Simple Twisted Headband Crochet Pattern | Posh Pooch Designs

It's Friday Fun Day 
Simple Twisted Headband 
Crochet Pattern 
By Sara Sach of Posh Pooch Designs


I originally wrote this headband Crochet Pattern
 in 2014. I received a few requests, to update the Video
 we originally filmed, to Our new format.
I decided that was a good idea.

I also decided it was a perfect pattern for our 
Friday Fun day video, because it's a super easy
 pattern and a great way to make something useful,
 and use up left over yarns from other projects.


I saw some of these in the store made out
 of t-shirt fabric, and I thought,
"I want one, I can make that."


So I did.
You can use any medium (4) yarn, acrylic or cotton.
You can also use any weight yarn you want, 
just make sure you 
use the correct crochet hook, the yarn calls for.
Measure the length as you work to insure a great fit.

See The New Video 
On My Crochet Youtube
 Channel At This LINK



Simple Twisted Headband Crochet Pattern


Please Add This Crochet Pattern To Your Ravelry Favorites

 

Skill: Super Easy 

 

Materials:

Hook - I / 5.50 MM

Yarn -  Medium (4) Acrylic, Cotton or yarn of choice 2.oz.

Yarn Needle

 

Stitches: 

Chain (ch)

Slip stitch (slst)

Single Crochet (sc)

Half Double crochet (hdc)

Double Crochet (dc)

Cross Stitch (crst) - Explained in the written pattern

 

Size: 22 - 24  inch head, easily adjustable.


Note: 

Ch1 at end of rows does not count as a st

Ch3 counts as a dc


Pattern:

  

R: 1 - Ch 13, 1 hdc in the 2nd st from hook, 

and in each st across, ch 1, turn (12hdc)



R: 2 - 1 hdc in each st across, ch 1, turn (12 hdc)


R: 3 - Repeat R: 2 (12 hdc)



R: 4 - Ch3, 1 dc in the next hdc, *skip the next hdc, 1 dc in the next hdc, 

cross back and dc in the skipped st* , Repeat From * to * 3 more times, 

1 dc in the last st, ch1, turn (2 dc, 4 cr st, 2dc)

 


R: 5 - R: 7 - Repeat R: 2 (12 hdc)



R: 8 - Repeat R: 4 (2dc, 4 cr st, 2dc)



R: 9 - R: 48 - Repeat R: 5 - R: 8 (10 times)


Add Less Repeats For A Shorter Headband

Add More Repeats For a Wider Headband



R: 49 - R: 51 - Repeat R: 2 (12 hdc) do not tie off.

 


 

Optional Trim: I did not stitch a trim, but some do prefer it.

For  finished edges, sc evenly down each side of the headband,

place 2 sc in each corner, 

join to the 1st sc, Tie off leaving a 24 inch tail of yarn.

 

Place the end of the headband together, turn one to form a twist in the head band. 

Slst the ends together, 


then tie off securely.






An Ad Free PDF File is Available
In My Ravelry Shop At This LINK
 For $3.50

I Love This Headband.
They Make Great Gifts.


No comments: