Saturday, December 20, 2014

My Ugly Sweater Vest For Our Ugly Sweater Party


My Ugly Sweater Vest For Our
 Ugly Sweater Party
By Sara Sach of
Posh Pooch Designs
We are having a Ugly Sweater Party,
 tomorrow evening!!
I am so excited!
I bought a sweater from the Store, But I don't think
 it is "funky" enough.
 I wanted to make a silly Sweater vest to go with it,
I think I nailed it!
I think this is more of Recipe, then a Pattern,
Because you can adjust it as needed.
I Love it and think it is so fun.
I whipped this vest up in one evening.
It is very stretchy so I am going to say
 it fits an average adult or youth, and it's really easy to
 adjust to fir just about anyone.
Here is what I did.


Ugly Sweater Vest Crochet Pattern
Please, add this pattern to your Ravelry Favorites
You don"t want to lose this one!

Skill: Super Easy and Quick

Materials:
Hook - P, this Not a typo I did use a P hook.
Yarn - 4 oz of Worsted weight yarn (4)
I used I Love This yarn - Christmas Variegated
Pompom Yarn - About 1 oz.For the Trim
Yarn Needle

Stitches: 
Chain  (ch)
Double Crochet ( dc)
Skip (sk)
Space (sp)

Sizing: This Vest is Very stretchy -
One Size Fits most -
These are approximate measurements.
From Shoulder to trim - 26 inches
Waist - Approx. 40 inches

Gauge:
1 dc Row = 1 inch
2 dc stitches = 1 inch

Note:
Ch 1 at ends of rows is a turning ch, does not count as a st.
It is basically a Granny Square vest.


R: 1  -We will be starting at the Back Hem, ch 43,
1 dc in the 2nd ch from the hook, and in each ch across, 
ch 1 turn ( 42 dc)

To make this vest wider, just add more chains in increments of 2.

R: 2  - 1 dc in each dc, ch 1, turn, (42 dc)

R: 3 - 1 dc in the 1st 2 dc, ch 2, sk2, *1 dc in the next 2 dc, ch 2, sk 2*
Repeat From * to * across row, 1 dc in the last 2 dc, ch 1 turn,
(22 dc, 20 ch 2 spaces) 

R: 4 - 1 dc in the 1st 2 dc, 2 dc in the ch 2 space, ch 2, sk 2,
*2 dc in the next ch 2 space, ch 2, sk 2*
Repeat From * to * across row, 1 dc in the last 2 dc, ch 1 turn.

R: 5 - 1 dc in the 1st 2 dc,*2 dc in the next ch 2 space, ch 2, sk 2*
Repeat From * to * across row, 1 dc in the last 2 dc, ch 1 turn.

R: 6 - R: 21 -  Repeat R : 4 and R: 5 Alternating rows

R: 22 - 1 dc in each dc and in each ch 2 space, ch 1, turn
(42 dc)

R: 23 - 1 dc in each dc, ch 1, turn (42 dc)

R: 24  - Right Front side - 1 dc in the 1st 2 dc, ch 2, sk 2
*2 dc in the next ch 2 space, ch 2, sk 2*
Repeat From * to * 4 times, 1 dc in the last dc, ch1 turn

R: 25 -1 dc in the 1st  dc, 2 dc in the ch 2 space, ch 2, sk 2,
*2 dc in the next ch 2 space, ch 2, sk 2*
Repeat From * to * across row, 1 dc in the last 2 dc, ch 1, turn

R: 26 -1 dc in the 1st 2 dc,*2 dc in the next ch 2 space, ch 2, sk 2*
Repeat From * to * across row, 1 dc in the last  dc, ch 1 turn.

R: 27- R: 44 - Repeat R: 25 and R: 26 Alternating rows.
Turn, ch 1

R: 45 - 1 dc in each dc and in each ch 2 space, ch 1, turn

R: 46 -1 dc in each dc, cut yarn, weave in your end.

Attach yarn to the Left side and repeat R: 24 - R: 46

Ties: Mak2 - Christmas ribbon can be used as well.
With 2 strands of the yarn ch 30, to attach  to the sides,

Fold The Sweater in half Forward, center the ties.
Lace through the Front to the back to hold the sides closed.
Tie in a Bow.

Pom pom Trim -
To add a pompom trim, I used some red pompom yarn
 I had on hand, and sl st with it around the hem of the vest.
I just put pom poms on the hem,  but you could add 
it to the neckline and up the trim of the vest, 
if you wanted too.

I Put some strings of the pom pom
 yarn at the neck.
And I also changed the Shirt to Say
"Christmas" instead of X-mas.
I used Felt with a Sticky back.
I may not win the "Ugly Sweater Contest"
But I think My outfit looks pretty funky!

No comments: