Saturday, December 20, 2014

My Ugly Sweater Vest For Our Ugly Sweater Party

We are having a 
 tomorrow evening!!
I am so excited!
I bought a sweater from the Store, 
But I don't think
 it is "funky" enough.
 I wanted to make a silly Sweater vest,
I think I nailed it!
I Love it and think it is so fun.
I whipped this vest up in one evening.
It is very stretchy so I am going to say
 it fits an average adult or youth.
Here is what I did.

Please, add this pattern to your Ravelry Favorites
You don"t want to lose this one!

Ugly Sweater Vest Crochet pattern
By Sara Sach

Skill - Super  Easy and Quick

Materials:
Hook - P, this Not a typo I did use a P hook.
Yarn - 4 oz of Worsted weight yarn (4)
I used I Love This yarn - Christmas Variegated
Pompom Yarn - About 1 oz.For the Trim

Stitches - 
Chain  (ch)
Double Crochet ( dc)
Skip (sk)

Sizing - This Vest is Very stretchy -
One Size Fits most -
These are approximate measurements.
From Shoulder to trim - 26 inches
Waist - Approx. 40 inches

Gauge-
1dc x 2dc = 1inch

Note:
Ch1 at ends of rows is a turning ch, does not count as a st.
It is basically a Granny Square vest.


R : 1  -We will be starting at the Back Hem, ch 41,
1 dc in the 2nd ch from the hook, and in each ch across, 
ch1 turn ( 40 dc)

To make this vest wider, just add more chains in increments of 2.

R : 2  - 1 dc in each dc, ch 1, turn, (40 dc)

R : 3 - 1 dc in the 1st 2 dc, ch2, sk2, *1 dc in the next 2 dc, ch 2, sk2*
Repeat From * to * across row, 1dc in the last 2 dc, ch 1 turn,
(20 dc, 20 ch2 spaces) 

R : 4 - 1 dc in the 1st 2 dc, 2 dc in the ch2 space, ch2, sk2,
*2 dc in the next ch2 space, ch 2, sk2*
Repeat From * to * across row, 1dc in the last 2 dc, ch 1 turn.

R : 5 - 1 dc in the 1st 2 dc,*2 dc in the next ch2 space, ch 2, sk2*
Repeat From * to * across row, 1dc in the last 2 dc, ch 1 turn.

R : 6 - 21 -  Repeat R : 4 and R : 5 Alternating rows

R : 22 - 1 dc in each dc and in each ch2 space, ch1, turn
(40dc)

R : 23 - 1 dc in each dc, ch 1, turn ( 40 dc)

R : 24  - Right Front side - 1 dc in the 1st 2 dc, ch2 sk 2
*2 dc in the next ch2 space, ch 2, sk2*
Repeat From * to * 4 times, 1 dc in the next 2 dc, ch1 turn

R : 25 -1 dc in the 1st 2 dc, 2 dc in the ch2 space, ch2, sk2,
*2 dc in the next ch2 space, ch 2, sk2*
Repeat From * to * across row, 2 dc in the last 2 dc, ch1, turn

R : 26 -1 dc in the 1st 2 dc,*2 dc in the next ch2 space, ch 2, sk2*
Repeat From * to * across row, 1dc in the last 2 dc, ch 1 turn.

R : 27-44  -Repeat R : 25 and R : 26 Alternating rows.
Turn, ch1

R : 45 - 1 dc in each dc and in each ch2 space, ch1, turn

R : 46 -1 dc in each dc, cut yarn, weave in your end.

Attach yarn to the Left side and repeat R : 24-46

Ties:
With 2 strands of the yarn ch 30, attach the yarn to the sides,
centering it and tie a loop.

Fold The Sweater in half Forward, to center the ties.

Pom pom Trim -
To add a pompom trim, I used some red pompom yarn
 I had on hand, and sl st with it around the hem of the vest.
I just put pom poms on the hem, 
but you could add it to the neckline and up
 the trim of the vest, if you wanted too.
I Put some strings of the pom pom
 yarn at the neck.
And I also changed the Shirt to Say
"Christmas" instead of X-mas.
I used Felt with a Sticky back.
I may not win the "Ugly Sweater Contest"
But I think My outfit looks pretty funky!
Post a Comment