Monday, December 15, 2014

Super Simple Crochet Belts - Free Belt Crochet Pattern

These Belts were designed when
 I had lost a few pounds.
 and I wasn't ready to go down clothes a size.
My tops and sweaters were a little baggy.
The belts were a really great solution, 
because you can cinch
 the waist of your top in and
 look slimmer instantly.


This is a very simple pattern, 
and it works up fast. 
It is also a great project to take along
 with you when you travel.
And You can use just about any
 type of Cotton yarn.
Acrylic and Wool can be a little
 too Stretchy for the belts.


Super Simple Crochet Belts Crochet Pattern 
By Sara Sach

Please add this Crochet pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites

Skill: Super Easy

Materials:
Hook - G
Yarn - Any kind of Cotton - 1 ball - I used Sugar and Cream I had on hand.
The mount will depend on your waist measurement.
2 D- Rings - I prefer the 1 inch D- Rings
Stitches:
Chain ( ch)
Single Crochet  (sc)

Note - ch1 at ends of rows, is a turning ch, does not count as a st.

Gauge4 rows = 1 inch

R : 1 - Working over the flat edge of 2 D-rings, stitch 6 sc, ch 1 turn ( 6sc)



R : 2 - 1 sc in each sc, ch1, turn ( 6sc)

R : 3 - R : 140  - Repeat R : 2  For a 30 inch waist. 

4 rows = 1 inch
30 x 4=120  plus 20 more rows for over lap

If your Waist is smaller or larger - 
you will need to adjust the amount of rows to fit your waist.

Cut yarn and weave in your end after R ; 140, or your last row. 
The Brown Belt I only used 5 sc across, 
and the Black belt is 6 sc across.

You can add fringe, beads, 
buttons or even appliques.
The #1 New Years Resolution is to
Lose Weight or get healthy.
I know it is mine every year.
I have a lot of really pretty sweaters, 
and do not want to buy clothes until
 I have lost a little more weight.
So I made a few of these belts.
Post a Comment