Monday, December 15, 2014

Super Simple Crochet Belts - Free Belt Crochet Pattern


Super Simple Crochet Belts Crochet Pattern

These Belts were designed when I had lost a few pounds,
 and I wasn't ready to go down a size just yet.
My tops and sweaters were a little baggy,
and the belts were a really great solution.
You can cinch the waist of your top in and
 look slimmer instantly.
This is a very simple pattern, and it works up fast. 
It is also a great project to take along with you when you travel.

And You can use just about any type of Cotton yarn.
Acrylic and Wool can be a little too Stretchy for the belts.

See The Video on my Youtube Channel at this LINK

Super Simple Crochet Belts Crochet Pattern 
By Sara Sach
Please add this Crochet pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites

Skill: Super Easy

Materials:
Crochet Hook - G/ 4.00 MMor H/ 5.00 MM - Either one will work just fine.
Yarn - Any kind of Cotton - 1 ball - I used Sugar and Cream I had on hand.
The mount will depend on your waist measurement.
2 D- Rings - I prefer the 3/4 or 1 inch D - Rings
Stitches:
Chain ( ch)
Single Crochet  (sc)

Note - ch1 at ends of rows, is a turning ch, does not count as a st.

Gauge4 rows = 1 inch

R: 1 - Working over the flat edge of 2 D-rings, stitch 6 sc, ch 1 turn ( 6sc)



R: 2 - 1 sc in each sc, ch1, turn ( 6sc)

R: 3 - R : 140  - Repeat R : 2  For a 30 inch waist. 

4 rows = 1 inch
30 x 4=120 + 20 more rows for over lap = 140 rows

If your Waist is smaller or larger - 
you will need to adjust the amount of rows to fit your waist.

Cut yarn and weave in your end after R: 140, or your last row. 
The Brown Belt I only used 5 sc across, 
and the Black belt is 6 sc across.

You can add fringe, beads, 
buttons or even appliques.
The #1 New Years Resolution is to Lose Weight or 
get healthy.I know it is mine every year. 
I have a lot of really pretty sweaters, and do not want to 
buy clothes until
 I have lost a little more weight.
So I made a few of these belts.

No comments: