Monday, January 12, 2015

Midnight Sparkle Cowl Crochet Pattern And A Yarn Review


I was walking Through a craft Store and 
This yarn caught my eye.
So, I just had a purchase some.
The yarn is soft and works up very smoothly.
 It is a Medium (4) but, I think it
 is a little more then a 5, 
which I love. I love chunky soft yarns.
It has a beautiful subtle striping  effect
in jewel tones of Blues, purples and grays.
 And Also, 
has a  silver sparkle running through it.
And you know I love Sparkle.

I Just had to make a some cowls 
So I did!

See The Video on my Youtube Channel 
at This LINK


Midnight Sparkle Cowl Crochet pattern
 By Sara Sach
Please Add This Pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites

Skill: Easy

Materials:
Hook- K
Yarn - I skein ( 2.5 oz-153 yards) (4 weight)
           I used Red Heart Midnight Sparkle
1 Decorative Button

Stitches:
Chain (ch)
Slip Stitch ( sl st)
Single Crochet (sc)
Triple Crochet (tr)

Size: 30 X 7 inches

Note:
Ch1 at the end of rows is a turning ch, and does not count as a st.
Ch3 counts a Tr

Cinch Tie
Ch 32 cut yarn and set a side for the cinch tie.

Cowl:
ch 21, loosely
R : 1 - 1 sc in the 2nd ch and in each ch across, ch1, turn ( 20sc)
R : 2 - 1 sc in each st, ch1, turn ( 20sc)
R : 3 - R: 4 -  Repeat R : 2 ( ch3 at the end of R:4)
R : 5 - 1 Tr in each st, ch3 turn ( 20tr)
R : 6 - R: 7 - Repeat R : 5 ( ch1 at the end of R: 7)

*R: 8 - R: 11  - Repeat R : 2
R: 12 - R: 14 - Repeat R : 5*

Continue to repeat * to * Till you have used almost the whole skein of yarn,
leaving enough yarn  to sew the ends of the scarf together.

Place the ends of the yarn together and sl st them together.


Take the Cinch tie we chained first, wrap it around the seam 
 and tie securely on the inside of the cowl.

Attach a button, flower, bow or pin for embellishment.

This Cowl can be folded in half for a little different look, as well.
Did I say I Love This yarn?
Well, I LOVE this yarn so much that
I went back an Purchased some of the other colors!

Post a Comment