Friday, January 9, 2015

Quick To Stitch Knit Coffee Cozy - Free Knitting Pattern

I use these daily.
I need several because I am
sort of a klutz.
I spill things, sometimes.
okay, often. 

So I made a few cozies from 
Worsted weight Acrylic yarn.
then I thought, 
I wonder if I can make some out 
of cotton yarn?"
I did, and I love the cotton ones,
 even more then the acrylic ones.
These are not only easy, but super quick to stitch up.
Quick to Stitch Coffee Cozy Knitting Pattern
By Sara Sach

Please,  add this pattern to your Ravelry Favorites.

Skill: Easy

Materials:
Straight Knitting Needles - US10 - 6mm
Yarn - Small Amount of Any Worsted weight or cotton yarn ( 4)
Yarn needle

Stitches -
Cast on ( CO)
 knit (k)
Purl (p)
Bind Off ( BO)

Size - 2 sizes -
3.5 and  4.5 tall and 8 inches around.

Gauge- 4 X 4 = 1 inch

Pattern: CO 26
R : 1 -  k all sts
R : 2 -6  - Repeat R :1

R : 7 -Change to next color, k all sts
R : 7 - Purl all sts
R : 8-15 - Repeat R:7 and R:8 ( stockinette st)
(skip to R : 22 for 3.5 inch cozy)
R: 16-21- Continue Stockinette St  for the 4.5 inch cozy

R : 22- Change color, We will finish with 2 x 2 ribbing:
*k2, p2* Repeat From * to * across row
R : 23-25  - Repeat R: 22
R : 26 - BO continuing the k2, p2 pattern.

Match up the ends, in a tube and sew closed.
Now just slip it on your coffee cup and head out the door!

These cozies are also a great
 project to practice your knitting skills
 and have a useful item you can use. 

Say NO to the cardboard covers, and 
Say YES to these super cute and 
fun coffee cozies.

No comments: