Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Heimlich Maneuver And My Husband Saved My Life | Posh Pooch Designs

Today's post has nothing to do with
 Yarn, Crochet, Knitting, Patterns  or Dogs.

It is about something that happened to me.

James 4: 14
"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. 
For what is your life? It is even a vapour,
 that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

Last night our 2 year old Grand daughter
 spent the night for the very first time.
It was her first sleep over and she did great.
We played games, read books, watched cartoons, 
worked puzzles and she rode her 
scooter around the house.
Then for breakfast she helped me 
make "green flower pancakes".
She was sitting up on the bar in the
 kitchen chatting and singing.
Fun times!

Then I turned,
put my vitamin in my mouth, 
reached to grab my carrot juice, 
and the pill slid down
and lodged in my throat...... 
I was choking!

I could not breath! 
I was trying to let my husband know,
without scaring my grand daughter.
He was over on the couch waiting 
for me to bring him some pancakes.

After gasping for my breath,
For what seemed like hours,
 before he turned and looked at me.

I was in a panic!
I was not afraid of dying,
I was afraid of dying
in front of my grand daughter.

Every muscle in my body had tightened,
 my chest  was throbbing, and
felt like it was tightening,
 I was sure I was seeing stars.

My husband came into the kitchen.
He was so calm.
He gently placed his arms around me,
and squeezed me.
Then he tightened his grip,
and squeezed me harder.
It worked and the vitamin
 popped into the sink.

He calmly performed the
Heimlich Maneuver

Every Muscle in my body aches,
But I am alive.
And I am thankful for my husband
who calmly rescued me.
I Love My Hubby!

My grand daughter never even noticed,
She was eating her pancake and
singing 'Strawberry Shortcake"

"God is Good all the time,
 And All The time God is Good."

James 1:17

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, 
and cometh down from the Father of lights, 
with whom is no variableness, 
neither shadow of turning."
I have discovered that you perform 
the Heimlich Maneuver on Dogs
The link is Here

No comments: