Friday, January 26, 2024

FRIDAY FUN DAY! Conversation Hearts Crochet Pattern

FRIDAY FUN DAY!
Conversation Hearts 
Crochet Pattern 
By Sara Sach of Posh Pooch Designs 


As I was Cleaning Out some 30 year old crochet books 
and magazines,  from my Mother-in- law, 
and some from many different Garage sales, 
a piece off paper fell out of one of the books.


πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’š


On it was a hand written
 crochet pattern. No pictures, all it said was 
"Lil' Heart Crochet Pattern". 
It was written in pencil, so the pic I tried to take of it, 
did not come out well.  But it looked so easy, 
I just had to try it...So I did.
 I loved it so much I wanted to share it!
I originally posted this in 2011 
so it's been well over 40 years, now.


I decided to rename it 
"The Conversation Hearts Crochet Pattern"
 because it reminded me of those candies
 by the same name.


This pattern can be used for many different things.
 A pin, a necklace, a bookmark, a headband, appliques
 and a dog decorative collar.
Or trim a bag, pillow, scarf or hat. Just so many
 possibilities. I also added a pearl bead to give it a
 classy look.


See The Video On My Crochet Youtube Channel At This LINK



Conversation Hearts Crochet Pattern

Please Add This Crochet Pattern To Your Ravelry Favorites


Skill: Easy

Materials: 
Yarn - Any medium (4) yarn\/ Small Amount
Crochet Hook - H / 5 mm.
Yarn Needle
Beads - Optional, 1 per heart

Stitches:
Chain ch)
Slip Stitch (slst)
Double Crochet (dc)
 Triple Crochet (tr)

Pattern:

Ch 4, work in the fourth ch from the hook,
" 3 tr, 3 dc, chain 1, 1 tr, ch 1, 3 dc, 3 tr, ch 3, sl st,"
 leave a 8 in tail of yarn, and pull to the back.



Closing the Hole in the Center
Thread the tail of yarn on to the yarn needle, then on the
 back side of the heart  draw the yarn through all the 
loops in the circle, and secure the yarn.


Adding The Pearl Bead
Use one of the ends of the yarn. 
Thread the needle and to attach the bead.



But I do not recommend this if you are making this
 for a dog that chews or a small child that might
 want to pull them off.

To Make Hearts into the Dog Collar, 
Headband Or for A Trim
Measure your dogs neck, Your neck or head, where ever you
 want to wear the heart band.
Each heart measures approximately 2 inches.
 Make as many hearts as you need to equal that measurement.

Maximo's neck is 10 inches so I need 5 hearts.



Stitch the hearts together with matching yarn. 
Ch 25 or more, depending on how long you want your 
ties to be, then attach to end of heart.

Slst only through the back of the loops, ch 1, 
slst in the back of the heart, 3 times.
*place the next heart beside the 1st heart, slst through bother edges, 
only going through the back loops*
Repeat from * to * as many hearts as you want to add,
Ch 25, tie off.
 I usually tie a know in the end to help
 it keep from unraveling.

Back

Front






Maximo modeling the Conversation Hearts
 Dog collar




πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’š

An Ad Free PDF file 
Is Available In My Ravelry Shop
For Free At This LINK





No comments: