Tuesday, July 12, 2016

What is "Christmas in July"? | Posh Pooch Designs


Where did it start? And By Whom? 
And Why?
I did some investigating and 
found several answers. 

Some say it was invented by retailers to
 get sales during a law sales time, and get rid of previous years Christmas Stock.

 Some say it was invented in Australia, and Southern hemisphere Countires, because the 

weather is reversed, So they will have cold 
weather and snow at Christmas.

Another post said that back before Air Travel, if you had relatives or missionaries in other countries, you wanted to send gifts to, you had to get them posted by the middle of July for them to get them by Christmas.

Another person said it was invented at summer camps,

 for fun gifts and celebrations.

This is my theory:
It was started by Crocheters, Knitters,
and Crafters to get a jump start 
on their Christmas presents.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

"yes, The video started out side ways, But I got it fixed".

See The Video on my Youtube Channel at This LINK.



So What does 
Posh Pooch Designs have planned for 
"Christmas in July 2016"?

I am designing some new Christmas 
Crochet patterns.
AND
I have several Crochet Pattern videos
planned, as well.
I have linked the Blog with the written patterns,
Once the video is ready I will link that, as well.

1. Dog Poop Christmas Ornament

2. Christmas Sweater Mug Cozy

3. Mini Mittens ornaments

4.Santa Claus Coaster

5.Mini Ugly Sweater Ornaments



6. Santa Dog Bandanna

If there is a Christmas design you have a question
 about, or want to see a video for,
and it is not listed, let me know. 
And I will try to fit it in.

You can see my Christmas Designs
at these links:
Christmas Posh Pooch Designs on Ravelry

Posh Pooch Christmas Designs on Etsy
Check out my Pattern Bundles for extra saving!

Free Posh Pooch Designs Christmas Patterns
Scroll down to the Christmas Category

No comments: