Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Twisted Headband Crochet Pattern

I saw some of these in the store 
made out of t-shirt fabric, 
and I thought,
"I want one, I can make that."


So I did.
You can use any worsted weight (4) yarn or Cotton.
You ca also use any weight yarn you want, 
just make sure you 
use the correct crochet hook, the yarn calls for.

I have made a video of the
 Twisted Headband  for you

See this video on my Youtube channel at this LINK

Twisted Headband Crochet Pattern
By Sara Sach
Please, Add This Crochet Pattern to yourRavelry Favorites

Skill: Super Duper Easy as Pie!

Materials:
Hook: I
Yarn: Worsted Weight (4) or Cotton Yarn
( I used I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby)
Yarn Needle

Stitches: 
Chain - ch
Slip stitch - slst
Single Crochet - sc
Half Double crochet - hdc
Double Crochet - dc
Cross Stitch  - cr st (explained in the pattern)

Size: 18-20 inch head, easily adjustable.

Note: 
Ch1 at end of rows does not count as a st
Ch3 counts as a Dc

R: 1 - Ch 13, 1 hdc in the 2nd st from hook, 
and in each st across, ch 1, turn ( 12hdc)

R : 2 - 1 hdc in each st across, ch 1, turn ( 12 hdc)

R : 3 - Repeat R : 2 (12 hdc) Ch3

R : 4 - 1 dc in the 1st hdc, *skip the next hdc, 1 dc in the next hdc, 
cross back and dc in the skipped st* , Repeat From * to * 4 more times, 
1 dc in the last st, ch1, turn ( 2 dc, 4 cr st, 2dc)

R : 5-7 - Repeat R : 2 (12 hdc)

R : 8 - Repeat R: 4 (2dc, 4 cr st, 2dc)

 R: 9- R: 48 - Repeat R: 5- R: 8  (9 times)

R : 49-51 - Repeat R : 2 (12 hdc)do not tie off.

Optional Trim:
For  finished edges, sc evenly down each side of the headband,
 place 2 sc in each corner, 
join to the 1st sc, Tie off leaving a 24 inch til of yarn.

Place the end of the head band together, turn one to form a twist in the head band. 
Slst the ends together, then tie off securely.
Its a great headband 
and can double as a ear warmer.
I wore mine to the gym and 
shopping yesterday 
and got several compliments.


Post a Comment