Monday, September 3, 2018

I Love My Cat Christmas Tree Ornament | Posh Pooch Designs


I Love My Cat Christmas Tree 

Ornament

 Crochet Pattern by Sara Sach


Is it a heart or a Cat?  It’s Both


I designed an "I love my Dog Christmas Tree Ornament",
and I got a lot of requests for a Cat one as well.
They Both work great as appliques, and decorations and
 of course a Tree ornament.
Make one in the colors of your cat, or Friends cat.
What a fun way to add a gift tag to friend's Gift.

See The Video on my Youtube Crochet
 Channel At This LINK



I Love My Cat Christmas Ornament Crochet
Pattern by Sara Sach
Please Add This Pattern to your Ravelry Favorites


Skill:Easy

Materials:
Crochet Hook – H / 5.00MM
Yarn – Worsted Weight (4) – I used Red Heart (4)
            White, Pink, Blue, red and green
Yarn needle

Stitches:
Chain (ch)
Slip Stitch (slst)
Single Crochet (sc)
Half Double Crochet (hdc)
Double Crochet (dc)

Size: 4 X 5 inches

Notes: join are made with a slst

Pattern:

Heart –
R: 1 – With White yarn – ch 4, join in a circle, ch3, 11 dc in the circle,
Join to top of ch 3, ch 3 (12 dc)

R: 2 – 1 dc in the same st as ch 3, 2 dc in each dc around, join, ch 1
(24dc)

R : 3 – sl in the 1st st, sc in the next st, 2 hdc in the next st, 3 dc in the next st,
2dc in the next st, 2 hdc in the next st, 1 hdc in the next st, 1 sc in the next 4 sts,
2 hdc in the next st, dc, ch1, dc in the next st (bottom pint of heart)
2 hdc in the next st, 1 sc in the next 4 sc, 1 hdc in the next st, 2 hdc in the next st,
 2 dc in the next st, 3 dc in the next st, 2 hdc in the next st, sc in the next st,
Join to the slst, tie off.

Now turn your "heart" upside down.


Cat Ears:

1st  Ear - left side
Join yarn to the 2nd st from the ch 1 on the left side.
Ch 4, sc in the 2nd ch from the hook,
Hdc in the next ch,
Dc in the next ch, 
sk the next st, join to the next st with a slst

2nd Ear -right side
Join yarn to the 4th st from the ch 1 on the left side.
Ch 4, sc in the 2nd ch from the hook,
Hdc in the next ch,
Dc in the next ch, 
sk the next st, join to the next st with a slst

Snowflake looks a little ornery to me!

Remember the ears can be moved down or up,
depending on where you want them. 

Face:
Embroider on the face with yarn, needle and
 your choice of colors.
Add a bow, bell, button or any embellishments you like.
Add a Tie on top for hanging on a tree.
Embroider the face.
Add a ribbon bow and yarn hanger.
So Are You a Dog or Cat person?
 or Both?

The I Love My Dog Free Crochet 

Pattern is At This LINK:




No comments: