Monday, June 30, 2014

Cotton Table Runner Crochet Pattern

Cotton Table Runner Crochet Pattern
By Sara Sach of Posh Pooch Designs

I have chosen to use Patriotic colors,
but the table runner can be crocheted 
out of any color 
combination of Cotton yarn.

I chose these colors because
 I am keeping this one for me,
 To use on the outside deck table
for the Forth Of July.

Please, Add This Crochet Pattern to Your

This crochet pattern Has retested, 
updated and moved to this 

I used Sugar and Cream Cotton yarn
in Red, White, and Navel 
(which is a twisted cotton yarn 
with red, white and blue)

It measures 32 inches long
 and 14 inches wide.



This pattern would be perfect for place mats, 
 by adjusting the length.

Here is a close-up so you can see
 the yarns and the stitches.




I blocked mine to make sure it was a nice rectangle.

How I wash my Cotton Items: Place item in a cold water bath 
with a tsp liquid soap, 1 tsp white vinegar, 
and 1 tsp fabric softener. Gently wash.  

Larger items can be washed on the gentle cycle of your washer.

By adding the vinegar you are helping the colors not to bleed,
 and keeps the cotton from breaking down.

Drying your items: I do not machine dry any of my crochet items, 
no matter if its cotton, or acrylic, or any other fiber. 
I always hang them in the sun to dry.

With this being an item that will be around food, 
it will probably get dirty, 
so it is good to know how to wash it.

No comments: