Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pop Tab Dog Collar and Matching Bracelet Crochet Pattern

I have had several people asking me about designing
 this type of pattern. 
 It has been in my head for a while.
I just needed a little time to get it on paper 
and collect enough pop tabs!


This Pattern has quite a few pictures
to walk you through the Steps.

Pop Top Dog Collar and Bracelet Crochet Pattern
 By Sara Sach
Please add this pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites

Skill: Easy

Materials :
Tape Measure
Sport weight yarn -I choose royal blue
Pop Tabs ( amount depends on your dogs neck size or your wrist size)
12 piece of 1/2 inch ribbon
Hook --  F
Stitches: Single Crochet (sc

Measure your dog's neck, loosely, for a 12 inch collar you will need approximately 23 pop tabs. Wash the pop tabs in soapy water and rinse well, layout on a towel to dry. Make sure there are no sharp edges before you start..

This pattern is made in Steps not rows:

Step 1: Put two tabs together, making sure they are facing the same direction,
and with a slip not attach the yarn through both holes,
make 2 sc going through both holes of the tabs. if you normally stitch tight,
you will want to loosen up a little on this project.
Step 2 : Lay the 3rd tab under the 2nd tab, making sure they are facing the
same direction, 2 sc through the 2nd and 3rd tab holes.
Step 3 : Continue to add tabs, stitching 2 sc in each set of holes as you go along,
 till you reach the length you need for the collar or bracelet.
As you add the tabs, it may curl some, but don't worry,
it will work itself out when we stitch down the opposite side.
Step 4 : When you reach the desired length, stitch 5 sc in the
 end of the last pop tab hole,
Then stitch 2 sc in each set of pop tab holes down the opposite side
 of the collar or bracelet.
Step 5 : 5 Sc in the last pop tan,
then join to the first sc.
Step 6 : sc loosely all around the whole collar
and bracelet again, join and tie off.

Step 7 : Lace the Ribbon through the two end holes of the
 collar or bracelet and tie a bow.

I know there are a lot of pictures, but it is needed.
Once you get the hang of it it goes pretty quick.

I think a belt would also be great using this technique.

Hope you enjoy this Pattern...I know I did.

6 comments:

Elisabeth Spivey said...

Very cool!

Siv Maria said...

OMG these are so cute :) Returning the blog love as your latest follower. Thanks for stopping by my place, I will be coming back here soon. My sister has two chi...forget trying to spell that...She also is crafty and I know she will just love this.

MMAR said...

WooHoo follower 100 : )
Your stuff is SO cute!!
Thanks for stopping by Keeping Up With The Rheinlander's
~Melissa
http://www.mnmrheinlander.blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/MSRheinlander
http://www.facebook.com/KUWTR

Anonymous said...

Thank You so much for following Random Deals. Here to return the favor.

Shawn said...

WoW!! How creative and a fun way to recycle!
Visiting from the hop, thanks for the follow and I will return the favor!

Unknown said...

I like this great Dog Collar and Matching Bracelet post and images of Dog Collar and Matching Bracelet.Thanks for the link! I'll definitely be doing this for my doggy.