Saturday, June 14, 2014

Opa's Hat - Men's Summer Bucket Hat

I designed a simple and easy 
Just clink that link for that pattern.
for my husband, but I liked it so much
 that I kept it for myself. 
So yesterday 
I decided to design a 
"Opa's Hat" just for my hubby.
We are Opa and Oma 
to our 3 precious Grandchildren.

I absolutely Love this picture.
The view in the back ground, 
and one of my Husband's toys.
 a jeep.
My Son has a Race team Called
And my hubby gets to "play" with them.


See this Video on my Youtube channel at this LINK

Opa's Hat - Crochet Pattern by Sara Sach

Please, Add This Crochet Pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites
Skill - Easy

Materials - 
Hook - I
Yarn -  1 1/2  balls of Solid cotton yarn - Main color
(  I used peaches and cream - deep beige)
1/4 ball another color cotton yarn - had bands and trim
 ( I used Peaches and Cream- variegated browns)
Yarn needle - For weaving in ends and sewing on the flower.

Stitches -
Chain (ch)
Slip Stitches ( sl st)
Single Crochet ( sc)
Half Double Crochet ( hdc)
Double Crochet ( dc)

Gauge - 3 dc = 1 inch 

Hat Fits a 19 to 22 inches head
It is a loose fitting hat, and very comfy to wear on a warm day.
I chose to make it out of Cotton yarn,
 so it would be cooler,
Note -  Ch 3 at ends of rows counts as a stitch unless otherwise stated.

R : 1 - With  the main color, Ch 2, 10 dc in the 2nd ch from the hook,
 join with a sl st, ch3 ( 10 dc)

R : 2 - 1 dc in the next dc, 2 dc in each dc around, join, ch 3 ( 20 dc)

R : 3 - 1 dc in the next dc, 2 dc in each dc around, join, ch 3 ( 40 dc)

R : 4 -  1 dc in the next 2dc, *2 dc in the next dc, 1 dc in the next 2dc*, 
Repeat from * to * around, ch 3 (53 dc)

R : 5 - 1 dc in the next 3dc, *2 dc in the next dc, 1 dc in the next 3dc*, 
Repeat from * to * around, ch 3 (66 dc)

The top of your hat should be nice and flat.

R : 6 - Change to 2nd color yarn,   Leaving  the main color yarn attached.
Working  in the FRONT loops only of R: 5,  sl st in each dc around,
 join, ch1( 66 sl st)

R : 7 - Working in the sl sts from R : 6, 1 sl st in each sl st around, join,
 tie off, weave in your end.( 66 sl st)

R : 8 - Changing back to the main color yarn, Working in the
 BACK Loops of R : 5, 
ch 3, 1 dc in each dc around, join, ch 3( 66 dc)

R : 9-13 - 1 dc in each dc around, join, ch 3( 66 dc)

R : 14 - Change to 2nd color yarn, Leaving  the main color yarn attached, 
1 hdc in each dc around, join, ch 2 ( 66 hdc)

R : 15 - 1 hdc in each hdc, join, tie off, weave in the  ends.( 66 hdc)

R : 16 - Change back to main color yarn, ch 3, *1 dc in the next hdc, 
2 dc in the next hdc*, 
Repeat From * to * around brim of the hat, join, ch 3, ( 99 dc)

R : 17  - 1 dc in each dc, join, ch3 ( 99dc)

R : 18 -1 sc in each dc, join, ( 99dc)

R : 19 - Change back to 2nd color yarn, ch1, 1 sc in each dc, join, tie off,
weave in all your ends. ( 99sc)

This is the perfect Father's Day gift and you can
 stitch it up in a evening. It is perfect for my hubby to wear 
while while mowing the lawn, working in the yarn or playing 
with the jeeps. The back of the hat comes down on his neck,
 to keep him from getting sunburned too.

And it is Oh So Stylish!
I tried to get him to Model it 
but he did not have time, 
Maybe later.
Post a Comment