Saturday, July 5, 2014

My Favorite Headband - Slanted Ribbed Headband Crochet Pattern

This is the easiest, quickest and 
most comfortable head band ever.
And it is my Favorite!

Great for any color of yarn, or combination
 of colors, and variegated, too!

This crochet pattern is so versatile
 that you can use any yarn, 
any size hook and make it 
as wide or as thin as you want.
See This Video on my youtube channel at this Link

Slanted Ribbed Cotton Headband Crochet Pattern
 By Sara Sach
Please, Add This Crochet Pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites. 

This is what I did:
Materials:
Yarn - Cotton Yarn ( I used Sugar and Cream)
Crochet Hook - I-hook

Stitches
Chain ( ch)
Single Crochet (sc)
Back Loop Only (BLO)
Together (tgo)

Size - 18-20  inch head
Easily adjustable to any size head.


Notes:
Sc crochet at the end of row is a turning ch, 

and does not count as a st.

R : 1 - Ch 13, 1 sc in the 2nd ch and in each ch across,
Ch1, turn ( 12 sc)

If you want the headband thinner or thicker, 
adjust the amount of chs. 
I like a thin one for summer, 
and a thick one for winter.

R : 2 - Working in the BLO here and on every row,
 2 sc in the 1st sc, 1 sc in each sc across, 
st the last 2 sc tog, ch 1, turn. ( 12 sc)

R : 3 - 1 sc in each sc across, ch1, turn (12sc)

R : 4 - R: 56  -  Repeat R : 2 and R : 3,
 alternating every other row. ( 12 sc)

If your head is smaller or bigger
 then 19 inches you will need to
 adjust these rows.

Finishing up:
Place the 2 ends together, being careful 
not to twist the headband, and sc across 
going through both ends to sew closed.
Rosie loves to photo bomb my pictures!
 I jut love her so much!

Now slip it on your head and Go move!
Walk, ride, run or play!
or Go shopping!

And it is perfect for keeping my 
part in my scalp from getting sunburned.
Post a Comment