Monday, November 10, 2014

Sequin Ladies Hat - This Winter,It is all About Sequins!

As I was out shopping this morning,
I was looking through hats, handbags,
sweaters tops, pants, shoes and
 just about everything is Sparkly!

The Theme for this winter seems to be
 Sequins and lots of Glamour and Glitz!
And I love it!

Then I remembered that I had a hat 
Crochet pattern that
I was working on
 and it  is also was Very Sparkly 
and loaded with sequins.


Look at all those sequins!
Sequin Ladies Hat  Crochet Pattern
By Sara Sach
Please, add this Crochet Pattern to your
Ravelry Favorites

Skill - Easy
Materials 
Hook - I
Yarn -  1 skein of Worsted Weight yarn ( 4)3.5 0z, 160 yards
I used Hobby Lobby  - Yarn bee - Sequin Diva - Red Hots
Stitches -
Chain (ch)
Slip Stitches ( sl st)
Single Crochet ( sc)
Half Double Crochet ( hdc)
Double Crochet ( dc)
BLO - back loop only
FLO - Front loop only
Gauge - 3 dc = 1 inch 
Ch 1 at ends of round do not count as a st, unless indicated.
 R : 1 - Ch 3,  10 dc in the 2nd ch from the hook, join, with a sl st,
(10 dc)

R : 2 - Ch3, 2 dc in each dc around, join, ( 20 dc)

R : 3 - Ch3, 1 dc in the same st, *1 dc in the next st, 2 dc in the next st*,
Repeat from * to * around, join,  (30dc)

R : 4 - Ch3, 1 dc in the same st, *1 dc in the next 2 st, 2 dc in the next st*,
Repeat from * to * around, join, (40dc)

R : 5 - Ch3, 1 dc in the same st, *1 dc in the next 3 st, 2 dc in the next st*,
Repeat from * to * around, join, (50dc)

R : 6 - 1 dc in each dc around, join, ch1( 50 dc)

R : 7 - 12 -- Repeat R : 6 ch1 ( 50 dc)

R : 15 - 1 sc in flo of R : 12, join,ch1 ( 50 sl sts)

R : 16  -Working in the Blo of R: 12,  1 hdc in each st, join, ch1

R : 17 - 1 hdc in each st around, join, ch1 (50hdc)
R : 18 - Working in the flo of R : 17 - Repeat R : 15,
R : 19 - Working in the Blo , *1 dc in the 1st st, 2 dc in next st*,
Repeat From * to * around. join, ch1
R : 20 - *1 dc in the next st, 2 dc in the next st* ,
Repeat From * to * around. join, ch1
R : 21 - 1 sc in each st around, join, and tie off.
Bow -
R : 1  -Ch 20, join in a circle, being careful not to twist the ch
1 sc in each ch around.(20 sc)
R : 2 - 1 sc in each sc, , join ch1
R : 3-6 - Repeat R: 2, tie off.
Cut a 24 inch piece of matching yarn, and it wind around 
the center of the bow, snuggly. Tie the center  securely and use the
 tails of the yarn to sew onto the hat.
The placement of the bow is up to you, I preferred it on the side.
I think another perfect yarn to use for the yarn 
would be the Caron party yarn.
I saw some today in the store and thought
 it would be great worked with this
Crochet hat pattern.
(hum. I just realized I have my mother's nose.
I don't mind. my mother was gorgeous!)
Well, The weather has turned cold 
and I am wearing mine around town today!
It is warm and stylish.
And I love, love love the sequins.
Post a Comment