Monday, November 10, 2014

Sequin Ladies Hat - This Winter,It is all About Sequins!

Sequin Ladies Hat Crochet Pattern
 By Sara Sach of
When I first wrote this crochet pattern, about 5 years ago,
 I used Hobby Lobby  - Yarn bee - Sequin Diva - Red Hots.
It was a Lovely Bright Red Sequin Hat.
I Loved wearing it.

But, sadly, they not longer make this yarn.
So when we decided to retest and update this pattern,
 we chose to use the Royal Blue Metallic I Love This yarn, 
and the Light Grey Metallic Red Heart With Love.
Both Yarns have a silver metallic thread running through them for a bit of Glitz and Sparkle. 
Both Hats are lovely and Sparkly.
I think All the Ladies will love them.


See The Video on my Youtube Crochet 
Channel At This LINK


Sequin Ladies Hat  Crochet Pattern
Please, add this Crochet Pattern to your Ravelry Favorites

Skill - Easy
Materials 
Hook - I / 5.50 MM
Yarn -  1 skein of Worsted Weight yarn ( 4)3.5 0z, 160 yards
I used Hobby Lobby  - Yarn bee - Sequin Diva - Red Hots
Stitches -
Chain (ch)
Slip Stitches ( slst)
Single Crochet ( sc)
Half Double Crochet ( hdc)
Double Crochet ( dc)
BLO - back loop only
FLO - Front loop only
Size: 19 -20 inches
Gauge - 3 dc = 1 inch 
Notes:
Ch3 Counts as a dc
Ch 1 does not count as a sc
Rounds are joined to the ch3 with a slst
R: 1 - Ch 5,  Join in a circle,
9 dc in the 2nd ch from the hook, join, to ch1 with a sl st,
(10 dc)

R: 2 - Ch3, 2 dc in each dc around, join, ( 20 dc)

R: 3 - Ch3, 1 dc in the same st, *1 dc in the next st, 2 dc in the next st*,
Repeat from * to * around, join, (30dc)

R: 4 - Ch3, 1 dc in the same st, *1 dc in the next 2 st, 2 dc in the next st*,
Repeat from * to * around, join, (40dc)

R: 5 - Ch3, 1 dc in the same st, *1 dc in the next 3 st, 2 dc in the next st*,
Repeat from * to * around, join, (50dc)

R: 6 – Ch3, 1 dc in the same st, *1 dc in the next 4 st, 2 dc in the next st*,
Repeat from * to * around, join, (60dc)

 R: 7 - 1 dc in each dc around, join, ch1(60 dc)

R: 8 - 12 -- Repeat R: 7 ch1 (60 dc)

R: 13 - 1 slst in flo of R: 12, join, ch1 (60 sl sts)

R: 14 -Working in the Blo of R: 12, 1 sc in each st, join, ch1(60sc)

R: 15 - 1 sc in each st around, join, ch1 (60 sc)

R: 16 - Working in the flo of R: 17 - Repeat R: 15, ch3

R: 17 - Working in the Blo, *1 dc in the 1st st, 2 dc in next st*,
Repeat From * to * around. join, ch3 (90 dc)

R: 18 - *1 dc in each dc, join, ch1(90 dc)

R: 19 - 1 sc in each st around, join, and tie off. (90 sc)

Optional Bow -
R : 1  -Ch 21, 1 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook,
1 sc in each ch, turn, ch 1.(20 sc)
R : 2 - 1 sc in each sc, , join ch1
R : 3-6 - Repeat R: 2, tie off.
Cut a 24 inch piece of matching yarn, and it wind around 
the center of the bow, snuggly. Tie the center  securely and use the
tails of the yarn to sew onto the hat.
The placement of the bow is up to you, I preferred it on the side.

I think another perfect yarn to use for the yarn  would be the 
Caron party yarn.
I saw some today in the store and thought it would be great

worked with this Crochet hat pattern.

(hum. I just realized I have my mother's nose. 


I don't mind. my mother was gorgeous!)


Well, The weather has turned cold and I am wearing mine


 around town today! It is warm and stylish. 


And I love, love love the sequins.


An Ad Free PDF File Is Now Available

In my Ravelry Shop For $4.50

 At This LINK

No comments: