Wednesday, November 26, 2014

ISAAC MIZRAHI Yarn Review and Free Cowl Crochet Pattern

I was shopping for some yarn at Micheal's 
for a couple of orders and walked past the 
on an end cap.
I have to say I was not impressed at first glance.
They were interesting, but not practical to me.
I then saw the Lexington yarns.

They were big, fat chunky yarns and very, very soft.
I do love the chunky yarns
This one caught my eye with all the bright colors
 and random blotches of colors.
It is called Stuyvesant
I really enjoyed working with this yarn. 
I found it chunky and thick, but not difficult to crochet with. 
Some chunky yarns tend to get to thick and stiff when crocheted, 
This one did not do that.

So decided to make a cowl from this thick chunky yarn 
and am very pleased with the outcome.

I also, Found the cowl to be comfortable, not bulky.
It felt light to wear, while still being thick and warm.


See The Video Tutorial on my Youtube Channel
 at This LINK

Super Chunky V-Stitch Cowl Crochet pattern
 By Sara Sach

Please, add this Crochet Pattern to your Ravelry Favorites

Skill:
Super Easy

Materials:
Hook - P
Yarn - Chunky ( 6) 1 skein, 69 yards, 4.93 oz
I used  ISSAC MIZRAHI Yarn, Lexington - Stuyvesant

Stitches:
Chain ( ch)
Slip Stitch ( slst)
Double Crochet ( dc)
V- Stitch  - Vst -(dc, ch1, dc, in the same st)
skip - sk

Size:  36 X 6 inches

Notes: Ch 5 at beginning of rounds counts as a dc, ch2


R : 1 - Ch 48, join in a loop without twisting the ch.

R : 2 - ch3 ( counts as 1st dc) *ch 2, sk 2 chs, Vst in the next ch*,
Repeat from * to * around, ch2, skip the last 2 chs, 1 dc in the same st as the ch3,
 ch1, join to the ch 3. ( 16 V sts)

R : 3 - Slst in the ch1 space of the 1st Vst, V St in that same space,
* ch 2, sk 2 sts, Vst in the ch1 space of the next Vst *
Repeat From * to * around, ch2, sk2 sts, join to the 1st Vst.
( 16 Vsts)

R : 4-6  - Repeat R : 3, tie off, weave in your ends, at the end of R : 6

Cowl Band -
Ch 48, wrap ch around the cowl were you joined 3 times,
 and fasten on the underside of the cowl.
Tie off weave in your ends.
I used Isaac Mizrahi - Central Park Yarn (6) for the cowl
and 2 strands of pink WW(4) for the bands, 
and big pink Button.


I just love all the colors and 
splashes of color of this yarn.
 If you would like to see all the 
others colors of yarn.
Just click the link Below

No comments: