Thursday, September 11, 2014

Everyday Shawl Crochet Pattern For Worsted Weight Yarn

The Shellie Everyday Shawl
Crochet Pattern By Sara Sach of
 Posh Pooch Designs

































I made The Shellie Everyday Shawl with Medium(4)Yarn.
I used Hobby Lobby  - Colors - Blues
It has a striping lovely effect that I like.
Any Med (4) yarn will work for this Crochet Pattern. 

The Pattern is Named After My Wonderful Sister and Friend, Shellie. And I can see her wearing this Shawl.
This Shawl is perfect for daytime, and works into the evening.
It's a perfect Everyday shawl.


See The Video On my Youtube Crochet Channel At This LINK


Shellie Everyday Shawl Crochet Pattern
Please, add this pattern to your favorites on Ravelry


Skill - Easy

Materials-
Hook- H / 5.00 MM
Yarn - Med (4) Acrylic Yarn
                I used 2 skeins (8 oz) of Hobby Lobby - I Love This Yarn 
Yarn Needle

Stitches:
Chain (ch)
Double Crochet ( dc)

Size: 60 W X 30 L Inches
  
Notes:
Ch5 counts as a dc, ch1
Ch3 Counts as dc

Pattern:
R: 1 - Ch5,  dc, ch1, dc in the 5th ch from the hook, ch4, turn (3dc, 2 ch1)


R: 2 - 1 dc in the same st as the Ch4, ch1 dc in the next dc,
ch 1, dc, ch1, dc in the last dc, ch 4 , turn (5 dc, 4 ch1)

R: 3 - 1 dc in the same st as the Ch4, ch1 dc in the next dc, 3 times,
dc, ch1, dc in the last dc, ch 4 , turn (7 dc, 6 ch1)

R: 4 - 1 dc in the same st as the Ch4, *ch1, dc in the next dc*,
Repeat From * to *  across row,  ch1, dc, ch1, dc, in the last dc,
ch4, turn (9 dc, 8 ch1)

R: 5- Repeat R:4 (11 dc, 10 ch1)

R: 6 - Repeat R:4 (13 dc, 12 ch1)

R: 7 - Repeat R:4 (15 dc, 14 ch1)

R: 8 - 1 dc in the 1st dc, 1 dc in the 1st ch1 space, 
*1 dc in the next dc, 1 dc in the next ch1 space* 
Repeat From * to * across row, Ch 4, turn
(29 dc)

No increase stitches on R : 8

R: 9 - 1 dc in the same st as the Ch4, *ch1, sk the next dc, 1 dc in the next dc*,
Repeat From * to *  across row,  ch1, dc, ch1, dc, in the last dc,
ch4, turn (17 dc,15 ch1)


R: 10 - R: 15 - Repeat R: 2 increasing at the beginning and ends of rows
R: 16 - Repeat R : 8


Repeat R: 10 - R : 16
4 more times, or as a many times as needed for size needed.

Trim -
We will be working down the side of the shawl toward the point,
 *evenly space dc sts down the side of the shawl

 to the point, 5 dc in the point of the shawl,

then work up the other side of the shawl till you reach
 the 1st dc, join and tie off. 
Weave in your ends.



An Ad Free PDF File is Available in my
 Ravelry Shop At This LINK
For $4.50


3 comments:

lmggriffam3 said...

Hi Sara! This shawl looks lovely and comfortable. I think I'm going to try it as a shawlette, so it's not too heavy to wear for work. I'm usually too warm and don't need anything large. Thank you for sharing the pattern. Can't wait to try it!

dragonswing said...

I would like to see your site but all the ads prevent it. I close one and another one pops up to take its place.

Anonymous said...

I would like to recommend a couple of corrections. In R2, I would put all st that go in last dc are placed in parentheses, and the row repeat at the end should be R9-R16