Monday, September 29, 2014

Waves Of Jewel Throw Blanket Crochet Pattern

Waves of Jewel Throw Crochet Pattern
 By Sara Sach of Posh Pooch Designs
This is my comforter set for our bedroom.
My husband picked it out.
I think he did a great job, And I really like it.
But, it needed a pop of color.
I decided I needed a Blanket 
To Throw on my bed, 
for when I am reading or 
crocheting in bed.
My Mother gave me this pillow 
a few years ago, and I used it as 
my inspiration for the Throw Blanket.

My Bedroom colors are Claret Red, 
Brown and Beige
The Pattern is a basic Wave pattern, 
using only 3 colors.

It measures approximately 48 X 72 inches,
of course you can add more rows if you want it longer.
or more waves if you want it wider.


Waves Of Jewel Throw Blanket Crochet Pattern
By Sara Sach
Please, add this pattern to Your Favorites on Ravelry

Skill: Easy

Materials:
Hook   - I
Yarn - Worsted Weight yarn
3 skeins each of Red Heart Super Saver -Claret red,
2 skeins each of Brown, Beige

Stitches:
Chain (ch)
Single Crochet ( sc)
Double Crochet ( dc)

Note - Ch1 at the ends of rows, is a turning ch and does not count as a st.

Adjusting the Pattern -
Each wave is 8 stitches, to make the throw wider add chs at the being, in increments of 8 + 8.
To Make the Pattern longer - Repeat R: 1 and R : 2 till you reach the desired length.

Ch 139
R : 1 - 1 tr in the 1st 2 chs, 1 dc in the next 2 chs, 1 sc in the next 2 chs,
*1 dc in the next chs, 1 tr in the next 2 chs, 1 dc in the next 2 chs,
 1 sc in the net 2 chs*,
(*dc, dc, tr, tr, dc, dc, sc,sc*) 
Repeat From * to * 15 times,
1 dc in the next 2 chs, 1 tr in the last 2 chs, ch1, turn.


R : 2 - 1 sc in the 1st 2 sts, 1 dc in the next 2 sts, 1 tr in the next 2 sts,
*1 dc in the next 2 sts, 1 sc in the next 2 sts, 1 dc in the next 2 sts,
1 tr in the next 2 sts*,
(*dc, dc, sc, sc, dc, dc, tr,tr*)
Repeat From * to * 15 times,
1 dc in the next 2 sts, 1 tr in the last 2 sts, ch1, turn

Repeat R : 1 and R : 2 alternating R:1 and R : 2
For 52 rows

Basically you are stitching the same pattern, every other row.
R : 1 - (*dc, dc, tr, tr, dc, dc, sc,sc*)
R : 2 - (*dc, dc, sc, sc,dc, dc, tr, tr*)

The dc sts stay the same, but you are alternating the tr sts and sc sts to form the waves.

Each wave is 8 stitches, to make the throw wider add chs at the being, in increments of 8 + 8


Colors Pattern: Repeat 7 times
R: 1-3 Claret Red
R : 4 - Brown
R: 5-7 Claret Red
R : 8 - Beige

This is the color pattern I used, but you can use any colors, stripes for different looks. 

Shell Stitch Trim: With Claret Red yarn, join to one of the corners 3 sc in the 1st corner, evenly sc  all four sides of the throw, placing 3 sc in the corners. Join to the 1st sc,

*sk the next st, 4 dc in the next st, skip the nest st, 1 sc in the next st,*
Repeat From * to * around all four sides of the throw. join and tie off. weave in your ends.  


An Ad Free PDF file is now Available
In My Ravelry Shop For $3.50
 At This LINK

All Finished with the blanket.
The Pattern for the Bolster Pillow is 
coming soon!

No comments: