Saturday, February 21, 2015

Striped Pom Pom Hat Free Knitting Pattern | Posh Pooch Designs

(Scroll down to meet my new models)

This knitting pattern is a super easy pattern, 
And It works up really fast.
This Knitting pattern also, gives a new knitter
 a chance to practice, 
Ribbing, Garter Stitch and Stockinette stitch. 
and have a fun hat to wear. 
But  it is also fun  project for any skill knitter.

I also think This would look great on a boy or girl.
 The Purple and pink make it look girly,
 But changing the colors will make it work for anyone.

It has 4 sizes includes- 
 Infant, Child, Youth and Adult.


Striped Pompom Hat Knitting Pattern
 By Sara Sach

Please, Add This Pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites.

Skill : Easy

Materials:
Long Straight knitting needles-UD10.5 - 6.5mm
Yarn - Worsted Weight (4) 4 oz
            I used Red Heart Super Saver - Pink-C1, Purple-C2
Yarn needle

Stitches and Terms:
Cast On (CO)
Bind Off (BO)
Knit (k)
Purl (p)

Sizes : 4 sizes - infant ( child, Youth, Adult) parenthesis
Measurements- 
            14 inches - Infant
            16inches - Child
            18 inches - Youth 
            20 inches - Adult 

Notes: The hat is stitched length wise
 and then, sewn together on the sides.

Pattern:
R : 1 - CO 20(26, 30, 36) sts.
      The amount of stitches remain the same throughout the project.
R : 2 - *k2, p2* Repeat  from * to * across row
R : 3 - 6 - Repeat R : 2( ribbing)
R : 7 - Change to C2, leaving C1 attached, k across
R : 8-13 are  stitched in stockinette st.
         (k 1 row, p 1 row repeat)
R : 14 -19- Switch back to C1, Stitch rows in Garter st
       ( k all rows)

Repeat R : 8-14 , 3 times for infant and child,
                            4 times for youth and Adult

R : With C2, 20 - 25 - Repeat R: 8-13

R : With C1, 26 - *k2, p2* Repeat  from * to * across row
R : 27 - 30 - Repeat R : 2 (ribbing)
R : 31 - BO



Fold The hat  in half, wrong side out, line up the edges,
Sew the sides together with matching yarn.
Weave in all your ends.  Flip right side out.

Make a pom pom for each 
corner of the hat. and attach them.
Click This link:
If you need to know how to make a easy pompom.
Lastly, I want to introduce my 2 new models.
I decided I need a better way display 
my items and purchased these
 2 mannequin heads.
 I really love them. 
I have also ordered several different
 color wigs for different looks.
So, please meet 
"Stockinette and Skip".
For Skip's hat Pattern, The 
Winter Chunky Beanie / Slouchy Hat
Just click the link.

I also purchased a Stand up
 Display I call
"Yarnell".
That is one of the corners in my
 Craft/ Yarn room.
The silly Dog on the floor is a 
Christmas Display I call Frank.

Thanks, for coming into
 my silly yarn world, 
it is fun place, filled with lots 
of yarny goodness,
 imagination and 
tons of Silliness.

No comments: