Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Featured Designer - Marie Segares, TheUnderground Crafter | Posh Pooch Designs

February's Featured Designer is:
Marie Segares - The Underground Crafter
She is wearing  Thaden's AsymmetricalShawl in this picture.

I only asked her 2 questions:
1. Who is Marie Segares?

"I'm a crochet and knitting blogger, designer, teacher, podcaster, and 
small business consultant. My maternal grandmother taught me to
 crochet in 1984. For the next 16 or so years, I basically made one color,
 half double crochet scarves. In the early 2000s, I learned to read patterns
 and then my crocheting life just exploded! In 2008, I started 
Underground Crafter, became a Craft Yarn Council certified
 crochet teacher and instructor, and started designing shortly
 thereafter. In 2010, I conquered my lifelong fear of knitting,
 and now I teach knitting and design knitting patterns, too.
 Last fall, I launched the CreativeYarn Entrepreneur Show, 
a weekly podcast for small business owners in the yarn industry."

"Oh, and in my non-crafty life: I'm a native New Yorker 
and have lived in Brooklyn or Manhattan for all but 3
 years of my life, I have two rescued cats, 
and I'm more than a bit of a sci fi nerd."

2. Tell us About our Blog.

"I started blogging in 2011. My blog and my business got the
 name Underground Crafter because I would do a lot of crocheting 
and other crafts while riding the subway to and from work :). 
On my blog, I share free crochet patterns, crochet and knitting book 
arts industry pros, and my crafty adventures. Oh, and from time
 to time I toss in a giveaway, too. I've been honored to receive 
several awards since I started blogging, including the
from Crochet Concupiscence for my 

You can find her here:

Marie Segares
Underground Crafter
Twitter: @ucrafter

I decided to Make one of her patterns: 
perfectly written pattern and fun to make.
It is a warm scarf, but has a "lacy" look and 
lets just enough air through.
I used Impeccable-folklore yarn.
Isn't it fun to get to know 
Pattern Designers, 
and find new craft blogs!

No comments: